Chapter Ten

Amalthea's P.O.V

His sweet, nice and friendly. He looks at me when he talks to me and do sent look at my body, although what would he be looking at for I'm always confined in my oversized clothes. He makes me smile, laugh and forget. I've only known him for a month and his done so much. He even changed his schedule for me. He makes me feel, Zayn makes me feel.

"Amalthea? Did you just hear what I said." Zayn chuckles, I think I love his chuckling it's sweet like music. Giggling at my own stupidity I look at him. His hazel eyes glowing almost shining in an emotion I can't quite decipher.

"Nope. I'm sorry I was just thinking." I shrug, we where going to our last class of the day and to say I was relieved was nothing, I was ecstatic. He looked at me a smile plastered on his face.

"I thought so, I was saying we should go shopping later on." Turning sharply I looked at him. I didn't have money to spend anything. I think he read my mind for his hand held my shoulders.

"Don't worry, I'll pay." He smirked making me blush another shade of red. He laughed before walking in class. We took our seats at the back where we looked at the board. I felt content, neutral. With Zayn I felt safe, I hated how people looked at him, with disgust and pitty because when I look at him I see beauty. His scars make him look perfect.

I guess he caught me starring cause he chuckled lowly.

"Take a picture it last longer." He whispered making me blush again. Twiddling with my thumps. Mr Petersen was teaching to day. The scowl that always seems to Grace my face when I'm in his class never comes unnoticed. I think people want me to be greatful that he found out about my father but it wasn't his god damn business. My father never ment to hurt me he loved me, it was his alter ego that caused me so much pain and I was willing to help him beat it. I saw him every night cry for me and my bruises. I know it wasn't his fault.

My mind was so engulfed in my thoughts I didn't realize it was after school. Zayn always held me at my shoulder making me comfortable, I was happy with the gesture though. We were walking through the halls I giggling at a stupid joke he made and he stretching his head when my nightmare appeared. Jake, he and his crew were near our car scowl on their faces. Jake was staring at me like a predictor starved from its pray.

"What do you want now Jake?" Zayn asked his voice dominating, making his beautiful face look more intimidating. Jake's face held anger.

"Whats rightfully mine, Amalthea's mine." He seethed quietly. Zayns face looked dangerous as I held his hand tightly trying to calm him. I did something I never thought I'd do. Standing on the tip of my toes I whispered in Zayns ear.

"Its not worth it." I bit his ear playfully which I was super embarrassed about it. Playing with the hem of my shirt I looked towards him. Shock was in all their faces especially Jake.

"Yeah, your right let's get out of here." He replied before entwining our hands and walking us to the car. The smile that graced his face will forever be ingrained in my mind.

When we were alone, he let go of it letting coldness seep in, but I ignored it, he'll hold me again.

"So where do you wanna go, for clothes I mean." I shrugged feeling shy all of a sudden. Don't be shy Amalthea, his just a guy, who's taking you shopping. It's not weird you already sleep with him.