Chapter Six

She watched him, asleep in her bed, she wanted to forget about him, that face made her want to think, she didn't want to think anymore she just wanted to sleep or at least forget her pain, she wanted to heal. Yet he never let her, he was persistent and that made her heart ache.

She smiled a little to herself, he cries a lot. She thought before looking ahead the room, her eyes felt droopy and she decided to sleep near him. A few hours later he woke up. Her hand still on his shoulder, he smiled inwardly before getting up and stretching. He had an idea but needed at least reassurance.

He was about to stand when the door opened, revealing an older woman, she had a few similarities between her and Amalthea. She looked at her niece and the strange boy standing beside her a scowl instantly graced her face. "Who are you!?" She whispered screams. Which surprises Zayn a bit. His toung tangled, he had no idea what to say, or what to do. So subconsciously brushes his hair back revealing the nasty scar that graces his face. A gasp from the older woman is heard in the room.

Cursing inwardly he tries to cover his face. Thanks Death. He inwardly thinks before walking towards the women hand outstretched. "Hi, I'm Zayn. Amaltheas friend." The women just looked at it, before looking back to the sleeping angel. She didn't know what to do with her, she hardly said a word or eaten since her stay with her and she'd do anything to at least make her feel loved. She shook his hand a tired smile on her face.

"Maria, I'm Her aunt." She spoke quietly before sitting near her. You could see the sadnes that graced her features. Black short hair, brown eyes and slightly darker skin then her neice but the smile and nose was unmistakably the same as her niece. She was dressed in a blue sun dress that held her body well.

"How is she?" She asked the young man, who also sat near her, both their eyes on Amalthea's sleeping form.

"She's fine, a few brusies. I'm glad I found her in time." His voice bearly a whisper. The woman looked at him shocked. This was the boy who saved her nieces life and here she was acting rude. She sighed loudly and held her nieces hand.

"Thank you for finding my little girl. She's all I have after the incident a few years ago. I wouldn't know what to do if I'd lost her." Tears filled her eyes but she fought them off by giving Zayn a heart warming smile.

"No problem, she means a lot to me." He whispered the last part, looking at his wrist another leaf fell. He just looked at her, his heart contracting in pain a little.

"I'm glad she has a friend, she never seems to talk to anyone, after what her father did, she loved him though, even after what he did she denied everything. Telling the police and child services that she had inflicted those injuries on herself." A tear slipped down her perfect cheek as she held back a sob.

Zany looked at her sorrowful, he couldn't understand the pain she went through, maybe that's why he loved her more.

"She's a kind soul." He murmured looking at the aunt who gave a slight nod.

"I wish I could at least help her." She gave a sigh of exhaustion before closing her eyes, she had no clue what to do. She's tried everything counceling, therapy even going to the doctor. Yet all the results stay the same no changes what so ever.

Zany saw her clearly and so wanted to help so he asked her for the one thing she knew she wouldn't agree too.

"Mam, I know you love Amalthea and she's like a daughter but I think she needs a break from family for a while." He looked at seriously, to say she was taken back was an understatement. She took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes. "She could move in with me and my father, we live near the school and it would be a wise decision when it comes to her health. I know I'm a complete stranger for asking this but I know I could at least help her and if in a week she doesn't change I'll bring her back." He was breathless when he finished. Bittingbhis lip he watched her cautiously.

She looked into his eyes trying to decipher his intentions but his eyes held honesty. Did she really have a choice, she'd tried everything and still Amalthea refused to speak, the bullying at school has gotten worse to the extant that her niece almost got raped, what was so bad in seeking help. Plus she'd know where she was all the time, it wasn't a bad offer so after moments of awkward silence she took a deep breath and looked at him a small smile planted on her face.

"You care for her don't you." She whispered.

"More then life it's self, I know I'm being selfish but I want the best for her, I haven't been the friend she needed, neck I've been a jerk my whole life....but when I look at her, I can't stop myself from smiling. I still remember the time we were in the 3rd grade. She'd always seemed so sad yet always happy for those around her and if I can at least bring that out of her I've accomplished so much. So let me help her please. Maria let me help her." His eyes where begging her. It touched her heart.

"If you can bring her back to me, I'll give you a chance." She gave a tired smile of her own. He was so happy he couldn't actually believe that he made her agree.

"I give you my word." He leaped for joy and hugged Maria tight saying his thanks. He looked at Amalthea a new kind of determination in his eyes. Hed bring her back and show her real love. That's why he was there even if time wasn't by his side, he'd always be there for the girl he loved. A girl with a shattered soul and beautiful smile. He'd fix all her pieces and make her whole that was his new promise.