Prologue

Life, life is as sweet and precious as it could be, a beautiful dream while death is the painful reality. No one really knows what they've lost until it is really gone. No one knows when thier time is up, when the bells of death will ring and the doors of life will close. No one actually knows who death has her eyes on next.

Zayne was carefree and free spirited. An A-student and athlete, great in practically everything and a ball of fun. He didn't really care much for anyone's feelings. Why would he, it wasn't his business to care unless it suited him. He was uncaring because that's what he was taught but he always noticed. Noticed her. Noticed the bruises, the limping and the tears of a girl that touched his heart. Yet he always choose to ignore them, he always choose to ignore the girl who touched his emotions.

He choose to hurt her, to taunt her like how the rest of the school would. To break her fragile heart by neglecting what she so needed, warmth, and death saw that. Saw how people treated each other. She'd been watching for an eternity and it sickened her. So she stayed away counting the seconds before taking another life from this ratcheted and rotting world. Zayne was on her list and she gave him the worst possible death a human being could receive.

While he thought today was just another ordinary day, he was surely mistaken. What she had instore for him was as cruel as it could have been. He was driving home after spending the day with his girlfriend. The high way was jammed so he decided to take a short cut arriving a few minutes early then planned. He parked his car and walked to the door. He hesitated before opening it, feeling slightly afraid of what he'd see. He wondered why he felt this sudden fear but let it slip before opening the door only to find something that broke him completely.

There she was, his life support hanging by a rope. Dead, his eyes could not believe what they were seeing. His mother dangling in the air rope on throat. He walked towards her lifeless body and c heacked for a pulse. Nothing no heat eminated from her body. Nothing but death reeked from her pores, he held back a strangled sob and untied his mother. The marks clear of asphyxiation. He didn't understand why she'd leave him until he noticed a note on the side table. He quickly grabbed it and read what it said. That broke him more. He couldn't be there any longer, so he put his mother down as if she were as fragile as a flower and sprinted to the car.

Not caring for his surroundings or where he'd be driving to, he failed to notice, he failed to see the truck that intersected and rammed into him. As the car tumbled off the bridge towards a steep hill only to crash into a boulder his life fleshed into his eyes and to say it was pathetic was an understatement. The only image transfixed into his brain was the image of the girl with sad eyes and a beautiful smile. The last image he remembered before inhaling and exhaling his last breath was the picture of the frigel girl he never thought he'd love.