I'm not stupid, I know that the break up is because I kept being a bitch. I do still think that the break up is what's best for us anyways. Everything just hit us real quick and out of the blue.

"Well we know I'm not gonna be complain. That means that homeboy won't be showing up at my doorstep. I'm on a shoot on sight policy with him anyways." He shrugged.

"Dad, can you please refrain from shooting him? He's the father of your first grandchild." I said and his face scrunched up.

"Ugh, please don't remind me."

•••

I woke up from my nap and automatically heard loud music and voices. I don't understand why people are here right now. It's the day before Christmas Eve. The house is usually empty.

I groaned as I rolled out of my bed. I slipped on my Puma slides and put my messy hair up into a ponytail. I walked out of my room and slowly walked down the stairs. The first person I saw was Dre because he was sitting on the stairs and a whole bunch of his friends were around him and they were chatting.

"Excuse me." I said, impatiently. He turned around with a smile from laughing then looked me up and down.

"What's good Lori? I'm glad to see you back from school." He said. He still hasn't moved which is confusing me.

"Good for you Dre. Can you get up please so that I can be on my way."

"Sorry baby." He chuckled and moved so that I could continue walking.

I walked down the stairs and the crowd of boys split so that I could walk through. I ignored the stairs as I walked into the living room to see a whole bunch of family here and some people from the Organization.

"Aye, sleeping beauty!" Uncle Ty yelled once he saw me. He was sitting on the couch with a white foam cup in his hand and his fiancee on his lap. She looked obviously pregnant.

"Hey uncle Ty." I waved.

"I just want to let everyone know that me, Andre, and Yandy will be winning the annual Christmas pajama contest this year." He announced. I laughed and shook my head.

"Boy, cut it. Y'all ain't about to win shit. Me and Ant about to destroy all of you." Tammy said.

"Well, what if Lori and Rodney win again? What y'all gonna say then?" Geanna asked.

Everyone looked at me to see if I'll answer and I just rolled my eyes. I didn't plan on telling them that we broke up because then they'll ask why and if I don't give enough detail, they'll ask even more questions.

"What y'all wearing this year?" Uncle Ty asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I'm competing solo." I mumbled.

"Why?" Tammy asked.

"Just cause." I said.

"It can't be 'just cause'. Y'all are obsessed with each other." Tammy said again.

"We broke up!" I said, getting frustrated.

"What did he do now? I swear, I'm tired of fuck niggas." My uncle Ant pulled out his gun and checked to make sure there was enough bullets inside.