Audrey Jensen x Reader - Promise

Pairings: Audrey Jensen x Reader
Warnings: Drowning, swearing
Words: 1204
Request: "
Can you do an Audrey imagine where the reader gets stuck in the coffin instead of Zoe? Only this time they get her in time? Thank you!" – anon

-

A coffin. I was trapped inside a fucking coffin.

Sunlight seeped through the cracks of the box, signalling the obvious fact that I wasn't underground and buried like most would assume would be their position when inside a coffin.

I pounded on the lid, screaming until my throat was raw, desperately attempting to alert someone of my whereabouts.

Wincing in pain, I lifted a hand to my pounding head, cringing as a thick, sticky substance coated my fingers, suddenly remembering my brief encounter with the killer before they knocked me out.

Asshole. Now I have all blood in my hair.

I huffed irritably, smearing the blood between my fingers, pausing as my attention was caught by the blinking light of a camera looking down on me.

Probably not my best angle.

I glared at it, desperately hoping it wasn't recording and being used as a taunting message to my friends. But knowing the killer, it probably was.

I rolled my eyes, looking directly into the lens, uttering what I hoped wouldn't be my last words.

"Fuck. You."

-

I clenched my jaw, slumping my head to the side, longing for a miraculous plan to suddenly spring to mind, after hours of continuous pounding and screaming. I could faintly hear the rippling of water and the sway of reeds in the soft breeze. It would have been pretty peaceful if I wasn't stuck inside a fUCKING COFFIN.

I growled, kicking the lid, hoping that by some phenomenal stroke of luck, I'd finally break free. It was a better plan than any.

My thumps of rage and desperation were cut short as the coffin began to move, sliding across the grass in sporadic, jolted movements as if someone was pushing it.

"Hey?! Hey!" I hammered on the roof of the coffin, struggling to gain the masked killer's attention, anxious to know where they were dragging me.

"What are you doing?! Where are you taking me, you dick?"

With one final, harsh shove, the coffin glided into the lake. I inhaled sharply, the sting of the cool water instantly hitting my body as water gushed through every crevice of the literal death box.

Panic set in as I realised what was happening.

After everything I had been through I deserved at least a dramatic exit with an audience of some sort. But no.

I was going to drown. Alone. Inside a fucking coffin.

"Help! Please! Somebody help!" I flailed in the rapidly rising water, continuing my incessant pounding on the lid as tears streamed down my face.

"Audrey? Audrey, please! Noah? Em? Somebody?! Please! Please don't let me die. Not like this. You promised Audrey, you promised!"

-

I lay on Audrey's bed, curled up to her as she stroked my head soothingly, running her fingers through my hair in an attempt to calm me.

"It's going to be alright (Y/N)" she whispered, pressing her lips against the top of my head as I continued to sob silently into her shirt.