The Shire

It was pure chaos

It was pure chaos. The dwarves were everywhere, completely occupying the home of Bilbo Baggins. Frenetically, he tried to reason with them, but they just wouldn't have it. They started tossing plates toward the dinner table, and Bilbo made a worried face.

Again and again, he tried to tell them to stop, how valuable that one plate was, or how he didn't have food that would be enough for everybody. Through his cupboards, the Dwarves went and his storage was completely ransacked. In the background, there stood a very old man. Or what people would commonly see as an old man. The difference between this old man and other elderly men was that he had a beard more than a foot long. His eyebrows were bushy and his face was stern, although his eyes gave off a merry look. His clothing seemed to be something resembling a robe. And then, he had a hat. A wizard's hat. He was called Gandalf the Grey, Mithrandir — The grey wanderer. He had been everywhere, he had seen almost everything.

And so, he chose to visit Bilbo, because he knew Bilbo would be the key to saving Middle-Earth. How did he know? Daresay, he didn't know why himself. But he had his suspicions on who or what was telling him. "Bilbo, my friend. Don't get jittery, they're just having a bit of fun! Why don't you join them in preparing for the feast?" He towered over the Hobbit and smiled with a childish smirk that stretched from ear to ear. But Bilbo only seemed more worried and annoyed.

"How am I supposed to not get prickly, when there are twelve Dwarves in my home?" Bilbo tried his very best not to yell, but he had enough of these Dwarves whom Gandalf had forced upon him.

"Bebother and confusticate these dwarves!" The Hobbit muttered as he was boiling from the inside and out. All his food was taken by these men, food that had taken the Hobbit several months to fill his pantry, food that would last him for the year if he was lucky. He only wanted to be left alone, with some Old Toby settled down by his fireplace in his favorite armchair before he would head to bed. But all his daily plans were changed when the Dwarves one after the other were stomping inside his home without his invitation. Bilbo hadn't even gotten anything to eat himself since their arrival, only a little bread, going with an empty stomach was no Hobbit's recommendation.

"My dear Bilbo, what on earth is the matter?" Gandalf asked the Hobbit who muttered out loud because of his distress. "What's the matter? I'm surrounded by Dwarves. What are they even doing here?" His head tilted up as to look at the Wizard with a clear annoyed expression written on his face. Gandalf bowed his back to be able to fit in the small Hobbit home as the Wizard was towering over the others and barely fitting in. "Oh, they're quite a merry gathering, once you get used to them." Gandalf mused and puffed his cheeks while smoking his pipe of his favorite Old Toby, but it didn't muse Bilbo.

"I don't want to get used to them. The state of my kitchen! There's mud trod into the carpet, they've pi-pillaged the pantry. I'm not even going to tell you what they've done in the bathroom; they've all but destroyed the plumbing! I don't understand what they're doing in my house?" Bilbo showed Gandalf the way out of the kitchen which was occupied by a few of his unwanted guests.