Chapter 15

I'm sorry!  I know I said I will update this soon but... Huhuhuhu :(

Anyway - here it is.  For those who are still reading this and for those who are still with me up to this point.  This book probably has 4-6 chapters left.  I am wrapping things up.   I don't think I would go through the divorce process in detail but I will show you what they went through at least emotionally.

Tweet me your thoughts!  I'm at @wuthie16 over at Twitter.  I'd love to be your friend. :)

This is unbeta'ed and not proofread.  Lagi naman eh.  Hehehehe.  :D

Thank you as always for reading! Mahal ko kayo!

//

A week had passed and here I was - sitting by myself inside Alden's suite, browsing through the cable TV mindlessly.  It was morning and I just finished having the hotel's breakfast buffet downstairs.  Alden was out early today due to his meeting with that engineering firm he told me about.  This week would be all about meetings and negotiations on his part.  I think he was looking into closing a deal with them for him to be the sole partner and distributor of one of their products in the Philippines.  I didn't really understand any of it so I just ooh-ed and ahh-ed when Alden was excitedly talking about it.  

A week had passed and Jake and I had yet to talk about what will happen now to us in detail.  He already served me the divorce papers, which were currently on the coffee table in front of  me, mocking me, showing me how pathetic my marriage life had become.

A week had passed and the only thing I really did of importance was call my kids back in the Philippines to ask them how they were and to finally tell my mom about the impending divorce.  She asked me how am I going to tell our kids.  I didn't have an answer.  It also hurt my heart when Celestine asked me about Jake when I talked to her.  I didn't know how to tell her that her dad and I were not on speaking terms at the moment.  I remembered when she was telling Jake how afraid she was to become like one of her classmates that was a product of divorce.  I remembered Jake telling her that he and I wouldn't go through with it.  

But here we were, at this point - with him finally doing it.  Serving me with the one thing he told our kids he wouldn't do. 

A lone tear escaped my eye unknowingly and I angrily wiped it away.  

Stop it, Maine.  He's no longer worth your tears.

A week had passed and Alden and I had been dancing around the tension that we both were feeling by being in close quarters with each other.  I was quite thankful to him that he wasn't doing anything about it, despite the numerous close encounters that we already had.  I didn't think my heart and mind could take it at the moment if he did decide to push through with it.  This morning actually topped the list.  Not that I was keeping a list, but I digress.

I woke up disoriented for the umpteenth time, feeling beside me for Jake when I realized that I shouldn't be looking for him anymore as he and I were already through.  I groaned as I was sitting up, holding my head in my hands with my eyes still closed, berating myself for still thinking of my ex-husband.  I walked to the en-suite restroom to do my morning business but just as I opened the door, I froze in my tracks, fully awake all of a sudden.

"Oh my god," I gasped quietly, my eyes widening at the scene that greeted me.  

There was Alden, taking a shower, in all his naked glory, washing his hair, unaware of the audience that he suddenly had.  Granted, he was behind the shower door of the tub which was frosted so all I could really see was a silhouette of his body.  And oh - what a body it was.  I could still see a trace of that curvy ass, those huge biceps and his hard and flat stomach as well as that thick, long co -- .