Chapter 9

Short chappy again you guyth.  Pasensya na.  Don't worry as I plan to update as often as I could.  :)  This is not beta-ed or proofread so any mistakes (spelling or grammar wise) are entirely mine.  

Anyway again, thank you for reading this.  I appreciate it so so so much.  What started as an idea just because I got inspired by MaiChard (Yes - di na sila AlDub :D) and snowballed into these stories that I'm writing now - and then to you guys who are suddenly following me and taking the time to read my stories - it's simply amazing and mind-boggling!

I won't keep you now.  Tweet me @wuthie16.  I would love to hear from you and be your friend.  :)

On with the chapter!

=============================

That night ended without any relevant thing happening.  He dropped me off at home, I thanked him even though we didn't really end the night quite well then I went down his car and into my childhood home.  He waited for me until I was inside before he drove off, leaving me with a confused heart more than ever.  

I sighed as I was going up the stairs to my floor, removing my shoes in the process and walked barefoot.  It was very late and everyone was already asleep.  Once inside my room, I threw my shoes towards the corner and plopped down on my bed.  I closed my eyes, placed my arms on top of my face and groaned, remembering the way he looked at me outside that coffee shop.  I suddenly had mad respect for him because even though he could have kissed me, he respected me enough to let me back away.  Because I could now admit - that had he tried to, I wouldn't really step back and would have let him have his way with me.  

"Arghh!" I sat up and ran my hands through my tangled hair, going to my dresser to start removing my make-up.  Whatever I was thinking of at that moment was not good for me.  God, Maine.  You're married, please, please, please do not forget that.  You have Jake and you have your kids to think of.  Speaking of Jake...

I went back to my bed after getting all my make-up off and changing into my silk nightie to settle for the night.  Before lying down, I checked on my phone to see if maybe Jake was already awake and sent me a message or even called.  

There was none.

Frowning, I charged my phone and shrugged.  Thinking that maybe he had a late night as well and was still asleep or maybe he ran an errand and forgot to let me know.  I let it slide for now since I had more things bugging my mind at that moment.  Case in point - Alden.  

I sighed once more and laid down on my bed.  Sleep was definitely not happening that night.

=============================

A week had passed since Alden and I had that "talk" and he was true to his word that he wouldn't bother me until I made up my mind.  A week had also passed since I last heard from my husband, Jake.  His last text message to me was that afternoon before my cousins and I went on our girls' night.  

I was worried.  I kept on texting him but I didn't know if he was getting it or not since I wasn't getting any replies from him.   I tried on calling him every day - every hour, if you would -  but all I was getting was his voicemail.  I left numerous messages on his phone to the point that I couldn't leave anything anymore since his voice mailbox was already full.  I tried calling his officemates and some of his friends but no one could tell me where he was.  

I knew his family knew something about his whereabouts though.  I called them and they were keeping mum and silent.  Not exactly telling me that they knew where he was but not denying it either.  All they were telling me was that he would call me. Eventually.  When that was I didn't know.