Chapter 1

Present Day...

I walked to the bathroom and saw my husband and son playing.  My son was in the bathtub while my husband was playing with the bubbles making my 2-year old boy laugh.  I smiled as I watched them.  It used to be like this all the time. Happiness in its simplicity.  Now, I only see him like this with my children.  Our children.  

Jake looked up when he felt me watching him.  His smile changed to a little frown.  "What?"

I shrugged.  "Nothing.  Nakakatuwa lang kayong panoorin ni Sebastian ng magkasama."

Suddenly, our daughter Celestine barged into the bathroom carrying her clothes to change into.  

"Daddy! I want to take a bath now, too!"

Jake laughed and motioned for our daughter to come closer.  He looked at me while removing Celestine's clothes and putting her in the bubble bath with Sebastian.  Our kids started to play and pretty much slosh water everywhere.

"Go," Jake told me.  "I'll handle this.  Sabi mo ikaw magluluto ng dinner tonight, diba?"

I sighed.  "Fine.  Seems like you don't want me here, anyway."  I started to turn away when I felt Jake suddenly get up and touch my arm.  I looked at him expectantly.

"Maine," he sighed and removed his hand from my arm. "It's not that.  It's just that..."

"What, Jake?" I asked.  "We've been dancing around this for ages.  Ano bang gusto mo sakin?"

"Not in front of the kids," he shushed me.  "Fine, we'll talk later."

I let out a breath. "I do hope you talk to me this time around, Jake.  Palagi na lang kasi ito.  Hindi naman ako manhid."  And I left for the kitchen.

As I walked towards the kitchen, I felt a tear drop from my eyes.  I angrily swiped it away.  Why do I feel that this time - he will leave us for real? I thought.  

What will happen to our kids?  What will happen to us? 

==================================

3 years ago...

I was browsing through Facebook and uploading some of the photos of my daughter and my growing belly.  I was 7 months pregnant with our next child, a baby boy.  I was smiling as I was looking at the recent photos of our maternity shoot.  Jake and I were glowing with happiness. 

Ping! 

I heard the notification from my Facebook signifying that I have a most recent friend request.  Who could this be? I thought and click on my Friend Requests button.

Alden Rioja wants to be your friend

I frowned.  Alden?  After all these years - he now wants to be my friend? Before clicking 'Yes', I clicked on his name to view his profile.  Stalker mode on.  He didn't have much on his timeline.  Not even on his photos.  It looked like he recently just went on Facebook.  

Wait, hold on...

I clicked on a very recent photo of him and a girl.  A girlfriend?  My frown deepened and I felt an irrational feeling of jealousy.  Cut it out, Maine! Hindi na siya sa'yo. And remember - you're married and have another little one on the way.  

The photo was of him and his arms around a girl.  He looked like he was embracing her and he was looking at her with such adoration.  The girl was the only one looking at the camera.  They looked happy together.  Blooming with happiness.  Why on earth does he want to be 'my friend' now?