Chapter 18: Mist Reveals

Piper

Octavian! Seriously! I did not see that coming. I had just arrived when he revealed himself. He walked up, as Kenny, to me and smiled. I looked straight at him. I could smell sea salt and fish. The smell became more potent as he came near. Two of his goons followed him holding Katie. She was bruised and had cuts everywhere. It looked like she lost some weight too. Her was so messy that I don't even thin my mother could have fixed it.

They tossed her next to me." Hey! You can't treat her like that you baboons." I used my charmspeak. They stared at me blankly as though I had said nothing." Oh your little charmspeak will not work daughter of Aphrodite. I've learned once from you and I will not make the same mistake twice. A Roman never does." The mist began to clear around him and his goons. Katie began to stir and regain consciousness. Katie was fully up when the mist cleared all the way. Once where Kenny and his two goons were, now stood Octavian, Khoine, and some monster that looked like a manticore.

I though of the prophecy. It said we would each meet one of our enemies. So use enemies are these three's?" Daughter of Aphrodite just think; whose enemies are we?" Khoine whispered. I thought about. I pointed to Octavian." You must be Leo's enemy. You know because of blowing up the camps which I thought we resolved. And You." I pointed to Khoine." Just taking a long shot guess but I'm guessing your my enemy." She smiled as if I got it correct. I looked at the manticore." I've never met nor seen you before. Please introduce yourself. I'm Piper McLean, daughter of Aphrodite."

He snarled at me and with a British Persian accent spoke." Dr. Thorn. As you've most likely already presumed and I'm the enemy of Thalia. You may know the Hunter of Artemis. I thought I was the enemy of that Jackson but apparently that is somebody else's job."

A whistle blew in the distant. Car horns grew louder. The city was waking.

"Drat." Octavia sneered." Pick them up. We need to move to the warehouse." Octavian made a motion and the mist went over him, Khoine, and Dr. Thorn. They picked Katie and I up and dragged us away.

It felt like forever until we got to the warehouse. They threw us down again, but this time on a pile of rope." Where are we?" Katie asked groggily. Her eyes were still a little heavy as if she had been sleeping for an eternity.

" Some warehouse in Chicago." I replied softly. I looked up and realized we were alone. I turned my attention back to Katie. She shook her head and stared at me. " Piper? Is that you?" I nodded my head.

" What are you doing here? Where are the others?" She looked at me concerned. I filled her in on everything; the prophecy, Travis, the plan, and Bessie." Oh Travis. He must be in Chicago then." She looked at the skyline. I followed her gaze.

I remember how frantic and gloomy Travis was when Katie first went missing. Then became a mad man on a search for his love. I wonder how Jason is doing? Could be be a mad man? Or is he gloomy and frantic? Or does he even miss me?

Katie and I watched the sunset over Lake Michigan wondering how our boys were doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days have past since we've been here. The other two goons have been revealed. Krios and Hyperion, two titans from Tartarus, are Jason and Percy's enemies. They were both defeated by them.

The day has dragged on. It gets boring being a prisoner. You'd think we'd be tortured. Nope. We sit around this warehouse all day. Khoine, Dr. Thorn, Krios, and Hyperion visit us from time to time. They too are bored. Apparently the "fun" doesn't start till all the enemies are here.

The sun has already set and Katie and I lay on the ropes trying to fall asleep. Our hands and feet tied and mouths gagged. According to Octavian we have been " extra yippee and talkative" lately. I have a feeling someone is watching me. I see in the shadows to figures.

Percy and Thalia.

They looked as if they were going to step forward but foot steps and voices were coming near.

Octavian walked into the room." Good news. More enemies are coming tomorrow and one of them is yours." He pointed towards Katie. I said something even I couldn't understand." What are you saying?" Octavian looked at me strangely. I sighed and repeated it. He gave me another strange look and took off my gag.

I took in a deep breath and let it out. Fresh air." I said how is that good news?" He smiled as though I was some stupid circus animal just there to do tricks.

" It means you and your enemies can fight to the death!" He said triumphantly. He looked at use like we were supposed to be scared. We stared at him." Okay. Like we aren't about to die everyday because of enemies. It's just another day in paradise." I said matter-of-factly.

He looked at me amused. Then he laughed." Oh you crack me up. You have one week." He spun around and walked out of the warehouse.

I looked over to where Thalia and Percy were. They were gone.

************************************

Short crappy chapter I know. Dedicated to ebarrick. In one of my other books, Gods, Demigods, and Facebook, Aphrodite and Athena are about to do a competition against each other. I need an idea for the competition. Who ever comments one and I use it will get a dedication in both books. Thanks. Please vote and comment