Chapter 5: Triquetra

Start from the beginning

After that long hour, it felt exhilarating to have ten minutes to brush all that boredom off.

Lydia had two free periods, so Catori decided to hang out with her during her break between class and class. Since she was still restless about it all, she thought that maybe her new friend could give her some answers about the whole situation.

While they walked outside of the building to get some fresh air, the girl rummaged through her head for a subtle way to ask what the hell was going on.

Catori then noticed Scott, far away from them. He was talking to a tall burly man with a grumpy face. By the looks of it, the conversation was grave and serious, probably important as well.

Did that talk and that man have something to do with whatever they were all hiding?

"Are you okay?" Lydia suddenly asked her just as she thought of a good way.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're very quiet" Even if Lydia didn't know her very well, she knew. If Catori was that quiet, it had to mean something. Most of the time, something not good.

"I was wondering where Stiles is" She innocently replied, trying to keep it cool. "I haven't seen him all day"

"Falling for him, are you?" The redhead smirked a little, observing her smugly.

"Ugh, no" Catori stuck her tongue out in disgust. "I just thought it was odd"

"Well, with all that happened everything is a bit chaotic" Lydia admitted, stopping at the entrance of the high school and resting her back against the wall.

"Really?" Since she nodded, Catori insisted. "How so?"

"The Sheriff is Stiles' dad and they're both trying to figure it out" The redhead shrugged casually. "And Scott wants to help them, so..."

Those words just reinforced her belief that something weird was going on. There was something suspicious about that robbery at the museum.

"But I don't get it" Catori mumbled. "It was just a regular robbery, wasn't it?"

Lydia pursed her lips together in apprehension, remaining silent for a moment.

"Trust me, Catori" The girl placed her hands over her shoulders gravely. "You don't want to get involved"

Catori opened her mouth to say something as she was left startled. But just as she was about to say something, the bell rang inside, surprising her.

"I have to go!" She waved goodbye at Lydia and began to run.

She was late. It wasn't the first time that happened, and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

Her next class was on the second floor, and the teacher was very strict about being late. She was a bit grumpy.

"Oh, crap" Catori began to run because she would either give her detention or just throw her out of the classroom.

Just as she reached the second floor and was about to turn a corner, she ran into someone.

She huffed as she fell to the floor on her butt, making her sore muscles to ache just when she thought she got rid of the pain from the jujitsu practice.

"I'm sorry! Are you okay?" Catori looked up and noticed who she had bumped into. Not him...

When Stiles noticed it was her too, his kind and apologetic expression changed drastically.

"You" The boy just said, sending her one of his many death glares.

"I was missing your dairy dose of hatred, Stilinski" She replied dryly as she hurriedly picked up the books she had dropped when they collided.