Chapter 4: A Mystery

Start from the beginning

"Okay" The girl nodded again, even if part of her didn't want him to go.

"Will you be okay?" He worried, fixing his eyes on her in concern.

It made her feel better looking into his kind brown eyes and knowing he was there for her during that anguishing moment, but she obliged.

"Yeah, don't worry"

"Wait here, I'll be right back" Scott placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled at her one last time before he walked into the other room.

As the door opened and Scott came in, she could have a glimpse of Stiles and a man that stood next to him.

Catori noticed the stare the boy sent her and she looked away. She didn't know that for once that glance was only filled with curiosity.

For Stiles, she was a mystery. He didn't understand what was that which made her so different.

The girl kept averting her eyes as the door closed and quickly forgot about him.

Sighing, Catori plopped down on a seat that rested against the wall of the room Scott was in. The girl started to fiddle with her own fingers in an attempt to keep her mind off the restlessness.

Her thoughts kept wandering to the possible scenes that could have taken place in the museum during the moment it was robbed. And those scenes involved frightening images of her mother being harmed in many ways that made her cringe in fear.

Trying to get those pessimistic thoughts away, she looked around and tried to focus her attention on something else.

Behind her, she noticed a plaque on the wall. It read 'Sheriff Stilinski'

Catori squinted her eyes in curiosity, the surname being more than familiar to her. Was the Beacon Hills' sheriff related to Stiles?

"Are you kidding me?!" Someone exclaimed in the closed room, loud enough for her to hear through the walls.

Actually, it sounded a lot like Stiles' voice.

Straining her ears, she concentrated on listening to the conversation that took place in there.

"It definitely wasn't someone ordinary" A deeper voice said, probably belonging to the sheriff himself, the man she noticed before. "The way they smashed everything and barged in so violently... it wasn't normal"

"Werewolves?" Scott's soft voice suggested.

"Wer-" Stiles stuttered. "Werewolves. Why would a werewolf want to rob a museum?"

"I don't know"

"Do you need anything?" A voice startled her a little as she was still preoccupied. Catori looked up to Parrish, who observed her with gentle eyes.

"Uh... no"

"Let me know if you do" He dedicated her a friendly smile that she couldn't really reciprocate even if she wanted to.

"Okay"

"But hey, if your mom were hurt she would be in the hospital" Parrish carried on talking, trying his best to comfort her. "They wouldn't have brought her here"

"Thank you" Attempting to show him a smile, she lifted the corner of her lips a tiny bit.

The young man stared at her for a moment, still showing her that grin, and slowly got back to work.

Desperate to keep her mind busy and off her mom's current situation, she thought back to Stiles and Scott's conversation with the sheriff.

What they said didn't make any sense to her. Was 'werewolf' some short of code word that meant something else? They couldn't be talking about actual supernatural creatures, about actual werewolves!