Twinleaf Terrors (Under editing)

Mindless babbling echoed from the TV, some news program. Monster hunter frauds that search for rumors always get on TV. I, somewhat unceremoniously rolled out of bed, and thumped against the hard wood floor, no doubt making an echo through the house. I reached out and turned off the TV, cutting it off at "Red Gyrodos"
     It didn't take to long to slip on some clothes, torn up jeans, a long unbuttoned blue shirt that hung loose around my black undershirt. I tied a plain, green skinny tie loosely around my neck, it was the one and only piece of my uniform I had left, the rest of it caught fire, (long story.)
     I looked in the mirror to see that, as usual, tons of soft, black, spike like tendrils that only grow up and forward exploded from my head. So far I had only found one hat that could cover it. It was a faded news boy cap, that came foreword towards the top.
     "You're miners have returned!!!" Yelled the cheap computer speakers, making me jump out of my skin. I had left my game on from last night, "Forgotten Knights," luckily I had generated some minerals that I would need.  I clicked around for awhile and got my set up going again. It was a slow grind  survival rpg, or, in english, it's a swords and dragons game where you have to eat to live and salvage to craft. I battled under the flag of Glendon, as a level ten sabatour.
      Not wanting to repeat my morning last week, where I played the game until I was late, I threw  a notebook into my back pack, I slung it over my shoulder and bolted out the door.

     "Yo Austin!" I hear a familier voice as I jumped down off the front porch.
     "Hey Reggy" I mumbled as I readjusted the single strap of my bag. A couple of kids ran down the street yelling about "Rangers."
     "Great, even more kids play that game now." I complained.
     " Hey don't be so rough on 'em, don't you remember when we were that age? Obsessed with Pokēmon?"
     " Yeah yeah I remember."
     " And what did we call ourselfs?"
     " I don't recall" I lied.
     " The Pokemon fan club, ah, what originality we had." Reggy soaked the words with every ounce of sarcasm, then asked " And what did our teachers call us?"
     "Twinleaf Terrors " I mumbled, which aparently gave Reggy the compulsion to begin his little chant and pump his fist in the air,
     " Most likily to leave this town as well as burn it down!" Laughter drifted out of my chest, and I couldn't help but let it flood out. Reggys cheerful attitude could make anyone laugh. He had long, thick, bleach blonde hair he always combed into some odd shape, today it laid in a single neat braid across his back, a long strand of forest green silk woven into it. Unlike me, not only did he have his whole school uniform, but wore it well. His green tie was tucked squarely into his gray sweater vest, starch white button up shirt underneath. All of which tucked into dark gray slacks, which hung loose untill they were tucked into his black combat boots. The only thing that stood out from his outfit was his peircing bright blue eyes. He always made me look bad.
     That wasn't what made me upset though, the real reason I was agrivated was the stupid game that came out last year, "The Rangers Quest."
     You see, besides reguler animals, there are abnormaly powerful creatures that live among us. Pokemon. They are in touch with metaphysical forces that humans could only dream of. This game let's players capture and train virtual versions of Pokemon. Ity bity chibi versions, downright adorable. But any real life Pokemon trainer will tell you, Pokemon are not adorable. Pokemon are terrifing.
     "Your grumbling again" Reggy told me.
     "Oh sorry." I realized I had said alot out loud as we were walking to the school house.
     "Yo Austin, what do ya say we just skip class, go looking for that Red Gyrodos at the lake?"
     "What?"
     "Ya know, like that news program said this morning about the mystery of the Red Gyrodos, well get a good kick out of it, throw some rocks in the lake or something. "
      "I don't know, you remember the-"
     "Yes," Reggy cut me off, " I remember. So what we looking for that run away fire monkey, so what he burned your clothes off leaving you in nothing but a tie. So what you were tramatised. It could have happened to anyone dude."
     "Ha ha, very funny"

     One of the smaller kids from the crowd ran out to meet us. His little school uniform, identical to Reggy's, was fuller, due to the hoodie the small boy was wearing under it. He was Reggy's younger brother. 8 years old and still obsessed with one thing. Pikachu. In fect, it's how he earned his nickname, Chewy. Pikachu's face was printed on his hood, a picture of the little beast was carved in his shoes (Chewy is quite the artist) and instead of Reggy's blond hair, Chewy was born with a golden blond, with black underneath.
     "Fire man!!!" He grinned slapping me a low high five. It was his name for me, you'll find out why later.
     "Get to class rat." Reggy joked, Chewy stuck his tongue out and in a high pitch squel, yelled "Piiiiiiiiikaaaaa!!!!" As he dashed away.