Sleep was now warring with my mind. It fought telling me to stay alert, but my weariness has told me 'how will you stay alert without a needed rest?' They both sure had some side to them that logically made perfect sense, but as for me, my body soon decided to shut down when I heard the rushing of water calming all my senses.

I wavered my way to the Lion's Mouth, my steps now much slower and unbalanced thinking of which side to take, and my eyes were slowly shutting themselves. Apparently, my body was more inclined to side with my weariness.

Just a little more..

I made my distance closer. The sound of a calm quiet flute then approached my ears. I began to wobble more my feet losing control and my body was just waiting to topple over. The heaviness of my eyes seemed to win more and more as I approached, now a beautiful sound of water and a musical flute flowed nicely to my mind and my ears. The scent of fresh misty air of the water slowed me down. My knees let go of their hold and soon my body fell. My eyes shut itself.

I fell, but I felt no ground below me! My eyes shut themselves back open and then I felt a whacking splash on my back.
~~~~~
I changed into some warm clothing. I placed a sweater over my head and covered my head with a fur coated cap. After pulling up on some thick pants, I inserted my arms to a coat. I took out some gloves and stuck in my fingers along with thick socks that covered my feet. I grabbed my flute, placed it in a cloth wrapping, and then glanced out into the black space through the window. I went back down the hallways and to the carpeted stairs. My feet felt the extra cushion on the flooring. A squeak escaped once I touched the hard wooden floor. I went to the shoe cabinet and took out my boots. I pulled them over and securely inserted it into my pants.

As I left the main room and opened the front door, two guards stopped me with their crossing spears blocking my way. "Sir, may I know where you are going." His face frozen not even showing the slightest sign of weariness. The other just stood still with his spear symmetrically placed over the other.

"I cannot sleep and have want of fresh air, a stroll, and a place where I may play my flute without any disturbance." My talking language was always sophisticated in the castle. My speech classes pretty much stuck to me.

The two faced straight. Then, robotically at each other, did a slight nod, and placed their spears straight back up. I walked passed them. That was rather easier than I thought it would be. Maybe because I'm older now..

I walked passed the perfectly trimmed hedges and bushes outside my castle yard, all being lit up by lanterns. I took a lantern with no care. They were mine anyway.

I headed to the forest of Fates. It was dark in the streets of the city, but I still placed my hood up to hide my face. Quietly, I walked the empty paths of the city. House lights were either dim or dark and the appearance of emptiness grew everywhere around me. A stray dog barked in the distance. The barking stopped as I went farther away. Soon my footsteps tapping on rock was the only thing I heard. The wind was slightly touching my face trying to get in the covered hood of mine.

I walked and saw the festival area. The area where music was played and people danced. Past occurences flashed through my mind. I was always there sitted on a throne like chair watching my people enjoy the orchestra's and celtic music dancing around with each other, but I was alone. Sitted. Until one day, a girl fell from those woods up a short cliff and stumbled into the crowd. She looked different from all the girls in my kingdom. She didn't wear a dress. She seemed to have been listening up there in the trees. She might not have noticed me, but I looked up at her when I saw some debris fall from the top. She was dancing like no one will ever know. She was so lively and happy. When she fell to the ground, I did not know where she came from, but I asked her to dance with me and she fled.