"Get away from me!" I yelled.

He flew back just enough for me to make a run for it.

"Ah!" I let out a sound as my foot caught onto a thick root sticking out of the ground.

"IDIOT! LOOKS LIKE I CAN'T EVEN RELY ON YOU! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A NINJA!" Inner panicked.

"Hey don't be afraid. I'm only trying to help you!" The boy stated as I got to my feet.

"With what? I'm p-perfectly f-f-fine." I replied cautiously, keeping my distance.

"You're shivering." He noted.

"N-no I'm not. I'm perfectly fine." I repeated, forcing myself to stop my chattering teeth.

He stepped closer and I took a step backward.

"If you keep trying to get away, I'll just knock you unconcious and drag you away." He warned. His expression was playful, but I shouldn't take any chances.

"Conciousness is better than being unconcious." Inner chimed in.

He took another step forward but I didn't move back. The rain was still coming down strong. Tensing up at each step he took, I turned to make a run for it, but saw the rain had turned all of the soil into mud.

If I tried to run in my worn down ninja shoes, I most likely wouldn't make it. Eyeing his feet, I saw a pair of laced up boots that looked sturdy and dependable.

Well, time to pull a move used by Ino almost all the time.

Flashback

It was when Ino and I were still friends, and we had decided to go to the festival together.

Ino was dressed up in a summer kimono that was a very bright purple color with splotches of white black and electric pink. I on the other hand, was dressed in a white kimono with black stripes shaped to resemble claw marks.

Of course, there were roses the color of my hair on them, which is why I disliked it in the first place. But because of my mother's consistent urging, I wore it.

"Sakura, are you sure you're okay, I mean won't your mom get mad if you stain your kimono?" Ino questioned as we both sat down on a dusty, yet comfortable bench.

"It's okay, I mean the rain would probably wash it for me." I joked pointing up at the ash grey clouds.

"RAIN?" Ino screeched.

"Well yeah, can't you see the clouds?" I replied calmly.

"I borrowed these shoes from my cousin! She'll kill me if they get dirty!" Ino panicked.

"I'm sure she'll understand that- What are you doing?" I asked as she quicky slipped out of her shoes.

"There is no way I'm going to die a death caused by her. I'll just walk barefoot instead. It's impossible to avoid the mud and keep the shoes clean." Ino gestured to the dirt quickly turning into brown mush.

I sighed heavily.

"Get on my back." I grumbled.

"You'd do that? Thank you Sakura! You are a lifesaver!" Ino smiled in relief.

Ignoring the odd looks we received, I managed to carry Ino all the way back to her house, which was quite a walk.

Ever since the festival, Ino managed to keep her shoes out of harms way by slipping them off and walking barefoot if the ground wasn't muddy or had any sharp objects there.