Wow

Chalkboard scraped across the black surface. Writing a complicated equation. Even before the teacher lifted his chalk, I knew the answer. I could hear the students around me frantically writing away to form the answer. I raised my hand.

The teacher closed his eyes in frustration. I could here the students groan around me. He sighed, "Raina, do you have the answer? Again?"

I nodded. Like the past week, I had every answer to each math question the teacher gave me. It started to become a competition. The teacher gave out a pack of Gatorade for anyone who was able to get the answer before me.

I was still the reigning champion.

The teacher decided to start giving me harder and harder equations. This was his third calculus question. I solved it in my head at a record of three and a half seconds.

Im not sure why I could, it just came easy to me. It had been a week after I met Tanner in the bar. The week had gone by pretty slow, but today, I was going to go to the movies.

It was Friday and school got out early. Plus, Tanner had invited me to watch a movie with him. I didn't want to go at first, but when I realized he would pay for it. Chief Tanner had given us enough money for me to buy it on my own, but I wanted to be frugal with it. Besides, the closer I was to him, the better I could accomplish my mission. Even though I wasn't with Addison.

I just couldn't connect with her. I couldn't be creepy, but it was hard for me to earn her trust. She was polite, but distant.

The bell rang. Yes! School was out. I smiled at both the victory of winning the math bet again, and at school being out. I ran to my locker, grabbed essentials, then ran out the front door. I zipped up my bag while on the run. It was normal for me to run to my house.

The afternoon when by quickly and before I knew it, Tanner was at my door ready to pick me up. He only had to knock once before I opened the door and slid outside.

««««««««««««««««« ¥ »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

"Hey, I'll be right back." Tanner said.

I was stuffing my mouth with popcorn so I just nodded at him. The buttery goodness overwhelmed my senses. He ran over to the men's restroom. I smiled at the retreating form. Nice butt. I shook my head. Wait, what? What was that?

I waited for a minute. Previews hung from the wall. Each one had either desolated buildings or explosions in the background.
I ate some more popcorn. A line of people were coming in for the next movie show. Most were older, but a few had little children.

More popcorn found their way into my mouth. A screen above the ticket booth read the different movies playing right now.
I reached for some more popcorn, but the bag was empty. I frowned. It had been so good.

Resisting the urge to lick the popcorn bag, I walked over to the nearest trash and threw the bag away. I looked towards the concessions. They had popcorn, candy bars, soda, and an assortment of other yummy things. They even had hot dogs and pretzels. I strolled over to the corner and bought a Butterfinger.

I strolled back to my original position and slowly opened the candy bar. I smiled and started munching on it. I could work here. See different movies and give people drinks. Then I thought of the people cleaning up the theater. Hmm, maybe not.

What was taking Tanner so long? I looked around to see if he was somewhere in the crowd. I wouldn't think he would be, but I checked, just in case. My wrapper was empty. Sigh, candy bars go down so easily.

I looked towards the bathroom, as if that would make Tanner go faster. Sigh, seriously, what was taking him? I frowned, unless it wasn't his fault. What if some one kidnapped him? I got nervous, it was my job to protect him and Addison. What if he slipped out from under me?