First Day At School Where Nothing Important Gets Done

I woke up early the next morning. I did my normal routine of working on my fighting technique. Once Ryan was up, we moved the bed out of the way and sparred for a bit. We only stopped when Ryan's alarm when off. I ate breakfast quickly so I could have time to figure out the shower. Soon we were walking through the doors of the school.

The lady at the front desk looked up at us and nodded. She rolled her chair over to a filing cabinet and grabbed a folder and a piece of paper. She gave the folder to Ryan and the paper to me. She explained how everything worked and where to go for my first class. I nodded politely, folded the piece of paper, and stuck it in my pocket. I didn't understand why she repeated everything that was on the paper. Why not just say it once, or give me the paper? She then waved me away and turned to Ryan.

I walked out of the office and into the hallway. There were teens everywhere. I found my locker pretty quickly. I had brought a backpack and had brought the essentials in it. I quickly set up my locker with wires, video, and a high security lock. If anyone tried to get in, it would instantly alert me through an ear piece. I then put my weapons and safety measures in there and shut the door.

It was a little harder to find the classroom. My first class was History. I did have some training in education, but only for battle tactics. I sat down as the class started.

Class went well, I think. I wasn't sure what ordinary was, but I think I got pretty ordinary. I decided to pretend as a girl who was unsure of herself and very shy. I hoped I had succeeded.
I knew some of the things that they were teaching, and I think I will be able to fit in. My next class was Algebra. I started on my way there when I turned a corner and saw a guy that I was about to run into. I could have avoided him, but that wouldn't be like a shy clumsy girl. I ran smack into him and fell over.
He started stammering and saying sorry, so I started stammering and saying sorry as well. I believe my act was believable. He helped me pick up my Algebra books that I had gotten from my locker. I stood up and he smiled at me. I smiled back and mumbled a thanks as I slipped my hair behind my ears.
His grin got wider and he said, "No problem, it's the least I can do after running into you. I don't think that I have seen you before. What's your name?"
I softly replied, "Raina, it's Raina."
He stuck out his hand, "Nice to meet you Raina," He said, "I'm Seth. Seth Morgan."
I smiled and shook his hand. I quickly went through all the people I knew were Gifted to see if he matched anyone's description. He didn't. Good. I wouldn't have to worry about him.
I looked up at the clock and made my cheeks flush. I said, "Sorry, I have to get to class," and scurried off to Algebra. I wanted to read his aura, just in case. But I would have to do that later.

The rest of the day went as expected. Although I didn't get a glimpse of Tanner,Addison, or Jesper. I still wasn't to keen on seeing a girl who had been dead for years. I would have to find them tomorrow. Ryan was the official P.E teacher and he told me what he had seen that day. Apparently he had seen all three of them and had taught them in class. I knew I should have been more observant and seen them, but it was hard to keep up my act.
Nothing really happened after school. I went over what I had learned that day and tried to set up my alias on the internet. I logged on to a website called Facebook. I didn't understand why it was so cool to everyone here, but it did serve a purpose. I was able to look into Seth Morgan. He seemed like a regular nice guy. After dinner, I worked out and went to bed. It had been a good day.