A Magic Trick

I woke up the next morning with a headache. I groaned loudly. I tried to get things done quickly, but the more I moved, the more my head felt like it was going to explode. I was glad that I had my own room in our new house. I stumbled across my room and turned on the light. It delayed just enough for me to turn and look at it before it decided to sear the back of my eyeballs. Which just made my headache worse.

I groggely got dressed and cleaned my room before going downstairs. As I went into the kitchen, I stubbed my toe on one of the chairs. Pain spike up my leg and for a second, I forgot my headache. I limped over to the medicine cabinet. Once I was able to swallow my headache medicine( which seemed to be impossible), I finally noticed that Ryan was there. He grimaced at me and said, "Wow, what happened, it looks like you were run over by a freight train."

I grimaced back at him. I was hoping breakfast would be a pick me up, but Ryan burnt the toast and our eggs were cooked all the way through. I was going to wash it down with some coffee, but as I was pouring some, Ryan informed me that we were out of creamer. Great.

After breakfast, I went back up to get ready. It was Friday so Ryan and I would spar in the evening. When I was doing the necessities, I saw the signs, and I realized today was just going to get worse. After breaking my toothbrush, my hair sticking every which way, and hitting my head on the car roof while trying to get out, I finally got to school. That's when my gut started to hurt. I walked to my first class already done with the day.

As the day went on, I continued to have bad luck. My hip hit my desk as I was getting out of class, the bathroom stall I was in was out of toilet paper, we had soup for lunch ( which tasted allot like the synthetic food we had), and I got hit in the face with a soccer ball in P.E. So by the time school was over, I was ready to do nothing for the rest of the day. Besides go back to bed.

Sadly, I had to pick up some apples for Ryan. I was hoping to just be in and out, but with an open air mall, that's never the case. Every beauty vendor along the way tried to stop me and talk about their great products. I nicely said no to the first five, but then the only nice thing I could make myself do was ignore them completely.

When I got to the store, they were out of apples. So instead I tried the store across the street, who tried to rip me off. Ugggg.

When I got back to the center of the mall, I saw Tanner. He was wearing a unzipped bright red sweatshirt and jeans. He also wore a dark blue shirt and sneakers, it looked good on him until I realized his shoelaces were untied. I snickered at that.

As I watched, a vending machine started to creep towards him. He didn't notice at first, until it made a scuffling sound. I frowned, this could get ugly. People were staring at it with confusion, but they still didn't know who it was following. I could hear the soda cans inside it slipping from their spots and slamming against the side of the machine. I walked faster towards Tanner trying to reach him before the crowed noticed him. I looked around fearfully and started sweating.

He noticed it.

As he got more nervous, the machine started moving faster. Thankfully it was moving at a crawl, but it was moving fast enough for people to start looking at Tanner. He slowly walked backwards, but it just continued to move.

I heard a crash nearby and looked to see a vendor cart moving towards him. It was selling light-bulbs and all the little lights flickered on and off erratically. Now a crowd was gathering. Some stupid little kid yelled, "Look, the machines are following that guy!" and he pointed right at Tanner.

I looked around and saw that in a nearby kitchen store, all the pots and pans were leaning towards him. I saw that the knives in there were leaning as well. Oh no. This just went from bad to worse. This was going to get dangerous if Tanner didn't stop. It looked like Tanner was about to have a heart attack. I knew I had to do something.