I Meet a Dead Person

I groaned with every bite I took. I still couldn't get over the idea of no synthetic food. Today I was trying what Ryan called a cinnamon roll. It was the best thing I had ever tasted. I still didn't understand how they were able to make cinnamon taste that good. Or how if you drink milk right after, it makes the whole thing better.
Today was the second day of school, and hopefully the day I would meet Tanner, Addison and Jesper. I sorrowfully finished my last bite. Looking up from my meal, I saw that Ryan was deep in thought. I wondered what it was about. Just then, his pocket started vibrating.
He grabbed a rectangle technology from his pockrt. I remembered that it was a phone. An old communication device. He pressed it and put it to his ear. "Hello this is Ryan Smith, who is this?" He said. Then listened and nodded. He seemed to realize that who ever was on the other end couldn't see him, then said, "Yeah, that would be great. Thank you very much.....bye."

He put the photos need back into his pocket and said to me, "That was the Lancasters, Tanner's family, they invited us to go to their house for dinner tonight."
I was confused. I said, " Why? We have enough food and enough money, we don't need help."
Ryan rolled his eyes and explained to me like I was five, "Because,that is how you make friends," then continued in a nicer voice, " Food is just the excuse to get to know people. It helps people relax."
I nodded. I should have put that together. I looked at my new watch (we had bought almost everything we needed that would help us blend in) and it was time to get to school. I got up and we started towards school.

I was walking towards lunch and I still hadn't seen any of them (Jesper, Tanner, or Addison). What could Use do to meet them?I was suppose to be in classes that was close to their classes. I suddenly hit someone. My books went all over the floor. That seemed to happen to me a lot. I didn't fall over, but I did stumble back. I bent down to grab my books and the girl I ran into did as well. She had sneakers, jeans, and a white t-shirt on. Her yellow hair framed her small featured face. She said, "Hey, I'm Addison Lancaster. Your new here aren't you?"
Wait, this is Addison? The chief's sister? The one who DIED? Yeah, hi how are you, oh I'm great, I just ran into a dead girl. Or soon to be dead? Or not dead? Ouch, time travel makes your brain hurt. I realized that I was just staring so I smiled and said, "Yea, my name is Raina Smith."
That was as far as the conversation went. She looked younger than I thought she would. She looked 17. Wait, she was, or is, the same age as Tanner. It suddenly dawned on me that Tanner would be 17. Wow. I quickly read her aura. She stiffened a little.
I quickly went on my way but kept thinking about Addison. She seemed like a nice type of person, yet could probably defend herself if she had the training. I don't think she did have any fistfight training, by the way she carried herself, but I think she knows how to use her powers.
I continued the rest of the day trying to search for Tanner or Jesper, but no luck. At least I would meet Tanner tonight when we went to the Lancatser's house.

As soon as school got out I raced back home and went through my clothes. I only had forty five minutes to get ready and do my homework. Thankfully my helmet on my battle suit (which I always wore in the daytime since the battle suit cleans itself when I take it off) scanned my assignment and read it out loud for me. I would answer and it would save my answer so it could print it onto my homework later ( a mechanism that would print on any substance with the perfect impression of someone's handwriting).
I did my homework and got ready for the dinner at the same time, then I ate a small snack (Ryan told me that I have a faster metabolism then most because I am always in fit condition so I must eat before in order to fit in).

We got there on time. Ryan knocked on the door. I shuffled my feet. I was nervous. I had never been nervous to meet anyone who wasn't trying to kill me. The door swung open and there he was. Tanner, the chief. He looked young, way too young. Like, the chief's son young.
He had red hair and a devious look about him. He also had a sweater on. He looked uncomfortable in it.
Ryan was the first to speak, "You must be Tanner, I've heard a lot about you, although you're thinner than I thought you'd be."
I mentally kicked him. What was he thinking? You shouldn't just drop clues like that. Tanner then responded, "Well, you're not at all who I thought you'd be either,"

Holy Freaking Flying Spaghetti Noodles Batman!!!He has a Irish accent?! Weird. Although, he was very confident. Thats good,unless it turned into arrogance. Ryan chuckled, "I see you still have thatfire,"
Awe how sweet, Ryan's having a bonding moment by giving away all are secrets.Thankfully Tanner just looked confused. I couldn't get over the fact that hewas so skinny. The Tanner I knew could take on a tank, this guy would take on atree branch, and lose.
Tanner said in his Irish accent, " My fire-what?" And Ryan almostinterrupted him, "Nothing of importance, may we come in?"
Tanner replied, "oh, uh yeah, sure,"
And we walked through the door.