His lips ghosted over the smooth slope of her neck but stop above her pulse. He dashed his tongue across her balmy skin, inducing a soft but sharp gasp to breakout from her plump lips. Sweet like honey, just how he remembered.

"Zayn," she exhaled, the raspiness in her tone only provoking him to latch his lips around her pulse, gingerly sucking to the beat of her heart.

He didn't know what came over him. No, he did. Lauren, in general, was the cause of his hunger. Having tasted her after so long, he's come to the realization of his striking greed exclusively for her. Since that fateful night, he's not slept, kissed or touched anyone else.

Her breathing grew increasingly ragged as he progressed his ministrations, sending bolts of electricity careering down her body. Everything was so reminscent of the past, Zayn had to pause and smile against her skin at the eerie similarity.

The rapid incline of her pulse under his lips sent him hurdling back to reality. He placed one last peck on her neck before tapping the keycard against the lock and opening the door.

In any case, their bodies remained intimate. Even inside the hotel room. And that's when Zayn saw the pink blotch flowering the surface of her neck. Just right beneath her jaw. He brushed the back of his fingers against the tiny tattoo, smiling proudly at his work.

Lauren felt her face become uncomfortably hotter. Beads of sweat peppered the thin bridge of her nose. Without doing much, he achieved in lighting her ablaze.

"They have Netflix. Stay and watch Ant-Man with me," Zayn offered, a lopsided grin blanketing across the rough edges of his symmetrical face.

Before she could even register what the hell just happened, he was far from her body, removing his shoes before hopping into the thick duvet of the bed. The remote was already in his hand, which Lauren swore was just on her hip. When she looked down at her side, she saw nothing. But she still felt the weight of his hands on her.

Her entire body was a torch. She was like Johnny Flame. Just without the actual flames. They were trapped on the inside. An uncontrollable urge lay waste to her as he lay there, watching her with a cocky, yet pleased, smile.

Lauren flipped him off, the arrogant mask hauling her back to reality. "You are such a tease," she cited, brows deeply furrowed in annoyance.

Zayn just laughed, sitting up. Never did he ever assume he'd have such an influence on her. His pride swelled with joy.

"C'mere, mami. Let Zaddy comfort you with cuddles," he proposed, arms spreading to beckon her over. He was feeling confident that she wouldn't pass up the chance.

Her eyes rolled, but she crossed the room, anyway. "You better not have any Netflix and chill ideas," she threatened, averting his embrace to sit next to him instead.

Zayn blinked, confounded. He was so sure she'd waltz right into his arms. But they were empty and she was beside him, mirroring the imperious smile he wore prior.

"Pfft," he scoffed, lying back down on his side as he searched for the movie of his choice. "I'd never chill while watching Marvel."

Lauren could tell he was insulted. She curiously roved her eyes over his shoulder to catch the pout on his lips before he tucked them in, aware she was observing. He didn't want to give her anymore reasons to tease him. She already unknowingly did without exuding any effort.

Her brows arched, intrigued by his response. It gave her a wicked idea.

"Never, huh?"

She saw it as a challenge. Although, Zayn never meant it to have a second meaning. He was just speaking the truth. He never chilled while watching a Marvel movie. Or anything regarding the superheroes he grew up with.