Hey mr. prick ~34~ (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

“Rose!” Someone shouted making me turn around startled. Shane was running in my direction and when he stopped, he looked out of breath. “Um, Shane?” I asked looking at him puzzled. He held up his finger signaling me to wait a little so he can catch his breath.

“I need your help.” He said after standing up straight and fixing his tie. I raised my eyebrow as if asking ‘and?’ making him roll his eyes. “Emma and I are going on a date tonight so it to be special.” He finished and I frowned as I thought. “You could always do a picnic when the sun sets.”I said. I didn’t really have anything but why is he asking me not Xavier.

“Why are you asking me not…” I trailed when I saw Shane staring at something; well it was a someone. I followed what he was staring at and sighed when I saw Emma talking to one of the employees. I looked at Shane who was drooling and crossed my arms; I guess I have to do everything in here.

I smacked Shane across the head. He looked at me with disbelief clear in his eyes. “I’m going to the meeting right now, there’s still five minutes left.” With that, he dashed out of the hallway but not without looking at Emma’s exposed legs, he’s turning into Chris. I can’t believe Chris has this effect on us; he’s turning us all into perverts!

I practically ran to the conference room and when I reached the door, I stopped and took a couple of calming breaths before opening the door and entering. “Good afternoon!” I said as I pulled out the chair and sat. Xavier sat at the other end of the table looking sexier than ever.

Men from the company sat on both sides of the table including Shane. There was one empty left for Chris, please don’t tell me that he took my joke seriously! Suddenly, the door opened and there entered the one and only… Chris listening. Wohoo, should we party or what?

“Sorry for the delay, I had an important call.” Was all he said before sitting down on his black leather chair. I stared at him for a few seconds and looked away when he winked; guess he did use my advice, I wonder why Jess isn’t pregnant yet…

“So the reason for our meeting today is-” And with that, I zoned off.  I don’t need to hear what he has to say because he told me at home. I looked at my nails and frowned, I really need to go to ‘Dash Diva’, my nails look horrible! My eyes trailed to Xavier and I bit my lip in anticipation, what, I’m his wife and I can have fantasies. Ugh, this is not good!

My eyes gazed at Xavier’s jaw then went to his covered up chest and at last, landed on his lips. Snap out of it Rose! I mentally groaned when my mind screamed like that. I started telling myself to think of something else other than Xavier. My mind instantly went to our honeymoon.

The honeymoon took place in Italy. I was about to faint when Xavier told me that. I always wanted to go to Italy; they say it’s the country of romance. We had a lot of fun there especially when we got on the boat of love with the violinist behind us.

Of course, the nights were even better with Xavier proving his-oh shut up mind!  I looked up when I heard the chairs being pushed. I noticed everyone getting out of the room so I looked at Xavier and saw him smirking. Ugh, that annoying smirk again. Xavier never changes, for the past two years with me telling him to knock it off; he still gives me that smirk which gets on my nerves.

Xavier stood up and made him way towards me. “Thinking of me?” He nibbled on my earlobe making me shiver, in a good way. “N-no” I stuttered and mentally cursed myself. My voice just had to leave me when I needed it the most, traitor.

--x--

All of us decided to go to Starbucks to hang out. Us meaning, Xavier, Chris, Jess, Shane, Emma and I. Everyone told Shane what they wanted and now, he’s getting our orders. Emma’s been giving the girl that was nodding while Shane gave her the orders glares. Chris was joking on how they seem to fit together making Jess hit him with her elbow making him groan.

Shane came and sat next to Emma who was giving him her left cheek. I chuckled when I saw Shane’s confused expression; the poor guy didn’t know what did he do wrong.   Chris, Xavier and Shane were talking about cars while the girls and I talked about the brand new Victoria’s secret perfume. The talk led to another and we found ourselves talking about how Xavier and I met.

“Ha-ha, I remember that, they had some pretty heated discussions that always ended up with Xavier being slapped.” Shane chuckled and I smiled when I remembered the past. Jess nodded and laughed “Yeah, or when Xavier took her on a date and brought her tons and tons of flowers.” She said making me laugh.

Yeah, I remember the day that he bought me flowers. My backyard was filled with jasmines, lilies, tulips, but mostly, roses.” I looked at Xavier who had a small smile on his face.

“I was very considerate and lovable, what can I say?” Xavier played with his pen while saying that. “Or when Rose and I had a friendly kiss and Xavier saw us, I was like: ‘so you’re the prick that broke Rose’s heart. Well guess what, it isn’t a pleasure to meet you!’ Chris said making Jess smack him on the shoulder.

“You kissed her?” She demanded sending Chris a glare. Chris started explaining to her what happened and I mentally laughed when Jess sent me a wink, she’s playing with him.

“Wait, so what is it now? Hey Mr. prick, it’s not a pleasure to meet you… I’m not a prick.” At the excat same moment, the whole table screamed ‘yes you are’ making the people look at us with weird expressions on their faces.

I put my chin on my elbow and thought. “I like that; hey Mr. prick, it’s not a pleasure to meet you.” I said staring at Xavier who was looking at me with his eyes that were filled with love. “Hey Xavier?” I asked the whole table look at me. “It’s not a pleasure to meet you.” I spoke making the guys laugh along with Xavier.

“Okay, okay, but you still love me!” He exclaimed and I nodded. “Yes I do.” I replied making the guys awe. “This is so sweet, I love you Jess!” Chris hugged Jess and she rolled her eyes while patting him on the shoulder murmuring ‘I love you too’.

I gazed at Xavier who had a big grin on his face. At first, we were sworn enemies but now, we are lovers. Time changed everything and fate brought us together, it was meant to be. I’ve got a loving husband that I will cherish and spend my life with.

It all started with ‘Hey Mr. Prick, it’s not a pleasure to meet you’ and now it ended with ‘Hey Mr. Prick, I love you!’

The End ... sniff.