"A tiara?"

"Nope."

"Then no. I shall not attend. A princess always gets a tiara." I joked, keeping a straight face. He stood up, looking confused. I laughed, "I am joking. Of course I am coming."

"You're an idiot, Cassandra." He laughed, shaking his head.

"Come on, Prince Damon." I teased, smiling wide, "And I prefer the term dramatic."

▂▂▂▂

I sat around the table, Damon was to my left, Stefan was opposite. There was a huge feast on the table. I had already eaten most of the food on my plate. Conversations were flowing all around the table. A few guests from the Founding Families were also here.

"How were your patients today, Cassandra?" Stefan asked.

"Good. Nothing major." I told him.

"How long until you are qualified?" Mr. Salvatore asked.

"A few more months. I have to wait for the Mystic Falls Head Office to recieve my letter." I replied. He nodded and carried on a conversation with a woman next to him.

I heard a chair move and turned my head to see Katherine sit in the empty chair next to Stefan. I took in a deep breath, avoiding eye contact. Katherine found out two months ago that I liked Damon as more than just a friend. She tortured me for it, mostly in words.

Ever since she found out, she always kept Damon close, making him fall in love with her. He wanted her and I knew it. I was jealous. Katherine was evil. She disliked me because I discovered her vampire secret when I found her feeding from Stefan.

After eating, I excused myself and went upstairs to the bathroom. I freshened up by splashing some cold water on my face. I dried it with a small towel and left the bathroom. As I turned the corner, I bumped into Katherine in the hallway.

"Watch where you are going, Cassandra. I'm rather hungry." She smirked.

"I could easily expose you to the Founding Families." I frowned, "They'd kill you in an instant."

"You would not dare." She came towards me which made me walk backwards. I had entered another room. I looked around to see I was in Damon's room.

My attention turned back to Katherine, "Oh, I would."

"You want to get rid of me so you can have Damon all to yourself? Poor girl. He doesn't love you, he never has and he never will. It's me he wants." She came closer. I had nowhere else to move to.

"Stay back." I frowned.

"Or what? Are you going to kill me? Please, be my guest. Before you even make a move, I will snap your neck." Katherine replied.

I grabbed a pencil from Damon's desk and stabbed it into Katherine's stomach. I ran but Katherine vamp ran infront of me.

She grabbed me, "Or better yet. I'd rather see you suffer without Damon's love and me there every second of every day for the rest of your immortal life."