So this was nothing related to the past, it is about the present!
Raman heaved a huge sigh of relief as his heart came back to the position from where it had sunk.
And on the other side, it was her time to feel a sink of the heart.

There were 2 different reactions for every action of Ishita.

(Makes me wonder of this is what Newton meant when he formulated the III Law of Motion 'Every action has an equal and opposite reaction'. 😜 Vague! IKR!🙊)

"Arey andar aao na! Baahar kyun khadi ho?" Ishita invited her inside holding her hand.

She smiled weakly at Ishita and followed her while giving a look to Raman.

Raman patted Ruhi's back inadvertently and silently prayed that things don't go wrong.

"Baitho na" she led her to the couch and asked "Kuch logi? Chai, coffee ya thanda?"

"No thanks" she refused the offer.

"Ohkay! Waise tum call bhi kar deti toh mai tumhare paise tumhe pahuncha deti. Par anyways ab tum agayi ho toh abhi tumhare paise chukta kar deti hoon" Ishita said.

"No...It's alright. Mujhe paise nahi chahye" she replied.

"Arey aise kaise? Meri wajah se tumhara nuksan hua. Uski bharpaayi toh mujhe karni hogi na" Ishita argued.

"Nuksan toh bahut kuch hua hai, jiski bharpaayi karna shayad kisi ke bas ki baat nahi" she said spitting fire at Raman.

Raman bent his head in shame understanding what she implied.

"Mai kuch samjhi nahi" Ishita could not understand what she meant.

"I mean ke you don't have to bother yourself about it. Jo bhi nuksan hua woh itna bada nahi tha ke mai aapse uska jurmana loon. Aur mai yahan uske liye nahi aayi hoon, kisi aur wajah se aayi hoon" she said.

"Koi aur wajah?" Ishita was confused.

"Haan...Mai yahan..." she began but stopped midway as she saw Raman mouthing a please and pleading her not to say anything that could worsen the situation.

There was something in his eyes that moved her heart and so she decided to accept his plea.
"Mai actually saamne wale flat me kiraye pe rehne aayi hoon. Toh I thought ke neighbours se jaan pehchaan karloon and ittefaq se meri neighbour aap nikli" she said.

Raman gulped in fear on realising that she would be staying next door henceforth which meant that Ishita's  past would be hovering over her all the time.

"Oh toh tum hamari new neighbour ho! That's nice" Ishita was excited to get a new neighbour.

Ruhi whimpered in a half asleep state. Raman saw it as an opportunity to send Ishita away. "Ishita! Tum Ruhi ko sula dogi?" He asked.

"Raman aap hi sula dijiye na. Woh already itna disturbed thi. Agar ab mai aapke hath se ise le loongi toh uski neend disturb ho jaayegi aur shayad woh phir se rone lage" Ishita was concerned.

She was right, so Raman had to agree and he unwillingly left to his room to put Ruhi to sleep.

All this while, the lady had been noticing every move of Ishita suspiciously as she still was not convinced with the memory loss story Raman had fed her with. Although Ishita's words and actions affirmed Raman's theory, she still wanted it to be proved wrong somehow.

"Sorry! Woh meri beti aaj thoda cranky hogayi hai. Kafi der se usne apne Papa ko nahi dekha toh pareshan hogayi thi" Ishita narrated to the lady.

"Lagta hai uske PAPA se kafi lagaav hai use" she grudgingly asked.