"There ain't anything to be awkward about Carl. I'm still the same ol Jo." I laugh. "Well that broke the ice." He laughs.

"Good. It worked then." I laugh along. "So, why are you so bored all of a sudden? You got friends still right?" I smirk.

"As a matter of fact, yes I do." He smiles proudly. "Congrats." I smile. "What about Denny, Matt, and Kyle?" I add.

"Denny is doing something, Kyle isn't here yet, he isn't planning on staying. He's just gonna drop by for the race, and Matt, I don't know. We don't really talk as much." He sighs.

"But y'all were the closest!" I say. "I know. But it seems like after you left, everything in JGR is falling apart." He sighs.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly. "It's okay, Jo! Honestly." He says and hugs me.

"I hope so. I don't want to be the cause of all this." I say sadly. "It's okay, Jo. I know you're being hard on yourself." Carl says.

"Can we please change the subject?" I say. "Yeah. Well, we have 10 more races of this season. You ready to join Hendrick?" He asks wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yes and no. Yes because I get to drive an awesome car, and I get to be my brothers teammate. No because I bonded with Joey and I love Brad. It's going to be hard to let that team go. AND I don't get to keep my crew chief this time. I have Chad now. But I can still keep Aaron though. I don't know what I would do without him." I say.

"Yeah. That's understandable you would feel that way. But I wouldn't worry about working with Chad. He's a cool dude." Carl laughs.

"I know." I smile. "So, got any plans later?" He asks. "I have no idea what Brad has planned. I don't even know when he is going to be back. It's like 6." I sigh.

"Have you tried texting him?" He asks looking out the window. "No. I thought maybe he would text me when he was on his way back."
I say.

"He probably will. Just thought maybe that would give a more clear idea on when he will be back." Carl says.

"Let me try." I say and pull my phone out.

To: Brad ☺
Hey when are you gonna be back?

From: Brad ☺
Probably an hour or so. We are discussing strategy.

To: Brad ☺
Okay, sounds good! I'm at Carl's, so could you stop by and I will walk back with you?

From: Brad ☺
Oh. Okay, yeah I will!

To: Brad ☺
Okay, see you when you're done!

I lock my phone and put it down next to me.

"He said probably an hour or so." I say. "Okay. Want to do anything until then?" He asks holding up a controller.

"Sounds like a plan!" I say and put in NASCAR '15

*35 minutes later
"I'm going for the lead!" I yell on the top of my lungs. "No you aren't! I'm still there!" Carl yells back at me.

"That's what you think!" I yell and all of a sudden, the 78 wrecks in front of both of us and we both get involved, and our cars are done.

"Damn it." Carl says and turns the game off. "I was so close to winning." I groan. "Next time, shortcake." He says patting me on the shoulder.

"Okay butterscotch." I laugh mocking him about 'shortcake'

Brad knocks on the door a short time later. "Brads here. Bye Carl! Good luck tomorrow!" I smile.

"You too! Bye!" He says and I walk outside and Brad holds his hand out for me to take it

"How was the meeting?" I ask. "Boring." He laughs.

*RACE DAY SUNDAY! KANSAS CITY!

"3 wide middle" Aaron says as I go in the middle of Jimmie and Kurt

"What line is third taking?" "Top" "10-4 is that good?" I ask. "78's coming up on the 11. Yes." "10-4" I say and take the top.

"Traffic coming, traffic coming. 98 & 88." "10-4" I say getting held up a bit and maneuvering my way around them.

I have a clear view of the 78. I am in 5th, but he's in view. But I also got a windshield of 14 in front if me.

"14 says that if you don't get off his ass soon that he's gonna wreck you if you pass him." Aaron says.

"What the hell! Why would he say that?" I ask. "He said you bumped his bumper three times!" "Tell the 14 it was an accident! And he break checked me last turn!" I say

"10-4 keep digging."

I see the groove on the low lane so I go down and somehow manage to get in front of Tony.

"Damn it he is bumping me! Tell the 14 to knock it off!" I say.

I have Truex in my grasp now. I get to his door, and I pass him.

"All clear. Third." Aaron says.

*3 to go

"You're on the 11's door!" Aaron says.

I'm about to pass him, and then "checkered flag, 18." Aaron sighs.

"Thank y'all for getting me this far!" I say and then pull into pit road. When I get out, a reporter comes over to me.

"Jo, do you have a second?" He asks. "Yeah." I smile. "What are your thoughts on the end of the race?" He asks.

"The laps ended before I knew they started. When I heard there was three to go, I was pushing the car, but it didn't work. If I could have had at least 4 more, I think I could have won. We had a fast Frito-Lay Ford today, wish I could have gotten a win." I smile.

"There you heard it from Jo McGuire, who finished 3rd today in Kansas." He says and I smile and walk away.

I meet up with Brad as he is walking to the golf cart. "I'm riding with you." I laugh.

"Okay." He smiles. "Great job tonight." I smile. "You too." He says and we walk up to his RV.

"Yes! It came!" I say looking at the package on the steps. "You had something sent here?" He laughs.

"It's not just something..." I say deviously.

"Oh no." He sighs laughing. We go in and I rip the box open, to reveal 5 new video games.

"Hell yes." Brad says and takes them out of the box and unwraps them from the plastic while I get the controllers.

"I'm texting Ryan and Bubba. They're gonna die." I laugh and pull up a group chat.