Party Time

They all head to the big living room together.

"I'd say it's time for a party. We have a new recruit, Bucky, and Claire is the reason why he is here now. So, what do you say?" Fury says.

"Yeah, you are a real hero", Steve whispers into Claire's ear, which causes her to giggle slightly.

"Let's get this party started", he then shouts out and everyone cheers, as the music is switched on.

Everyone heads to the dance floor, not bothering to change their outfits and start dancing.

Steve takes Claire in his arms. "I am so glad that I have you", he whispers, so only she can hear it. "I love you Claire Johnson!"

Then he gets on one knee, as the music stops and pulls out a little box from his suit.

The room goes quiet as everyone watches Steve and Claire in the middle of the dance floor.

"Claire, you are the person I have been searching for all my life. You are my soulmate and I need you at my side, to keep me strong. You are the reason I fight for. I love you Claire... Sooo..., CLAIRE JOHNSON, WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

Everyone tries to catch their breath, waiting for Claire to answer. The room is dead quiet, as if nobody is there.

Claire is slightly shocked, seeing as she is not expecting something like this at that minute. She is just looking at Steve, kneeling in front of her, looking into her eyes, expectantly waiting for an answer.

Thoughts are flowing through her mind, swirling and swirling, making her feel dizzy. She tries to say something, but her mouth has gone completely dry.

Why can she not say anything? She loves him, she knows that, and she also knows that she wants to spend the rest of her life with him.

'Say something Claire, for good sake', the voice in her head screams at her.

Then she is suddenly snapped back into reality, as she realises somebody saying her name over and over again.

"Claire.... Claire.... Are you alright?" It is Steve and he sounds concerned.

'Oh my god, he thinks he has done something wrong. You have to answer now or you will have ruined everything forever', the voice in her head screams at her again.

"YES", is the only word Claire can get out.

Steve looks up at her, clearly even more confused than before. "Yes, to what? I've offended you or you want to marry me?" He looks kind of scared now that the 'yes' might mean that he offended her, which he would never want to do.

The room is still completely still. It is as if Claire and Steve are alone in the room because there is not a single person's breathing to be heard.

"Yes, I want to marry you of course, stupid", Claire says, a smiling spreading across her face.

Steve is overjoyed and takes the diamond ring out of the box, sliding it carefully onto Claire's ring finger.

Then he gets up and pretty much leaps into Claire's arms. Everyone starts clapping, filling the room with life again.

"I love you so much Claire!" Steve tells her. 

"I love you too Captain!" she answers, smiling at the way Captain sounds when she says it.

Steve lifts her up by her hips and twirls her around. He cannot be any happier.

Everyone congratulates them and the party goes on. 

Lucas walks up to Steve and Claire, dancing on the dance floor. "Heya, sis. Wow look at you all grown up, ey. And marrying the Captain. Well then, at least I won't have to worry about you then. I trust you will take good care of her", he smiles at Steve.

"That's a promise I will keep", Steve tells Lucas, winking.

"Good. And congrats to both of you", Lucas says and then hugs Claire, while giving Steve a pat on the shoulder.

The party goes on for hours, long into the night. Finally, everyone is either exhausted or drunk or both at the same time that they all head of to bed.

Claire goes with Steve to her room. " We will share a bed then tonight though, right? I mean, seeing as we are engaged now", Claire asks Steve, looking into his beautiful blue eyes that are sparkling in the light of the hallway.

"Yes, of course I will. And that forever from now on, my soon to be beautiful wife", he smiles at her.

"I'm glad I can call you my soon to be husband", Claire murmurs through the kiss Steve gives her.

Then they head inside, closing the door behind them, before the newly engaged couple fall asleep on Claire's big bed.

Claire and Steve both fall asleep with a smile on their faces. They are the happiest they have ever been and both of them have the sweetest dreams.

Okay guys, first of all, sorry for not updating sooner, but my internet wasn't working and I was unable to update. And then I have some news for you...

This is the second to last chapter of this book and I wanted to thank all of you that stuck around and commented and voted for my story. So here's a special thanks to: kdaniel96, ironically-sleeping, TechnoStargazer, WAT0045, ciaras97, ChantalMurphy1988, xtheflashx, garbageinthetardis, NightGoddess06, cant-be-taymed and MarielaCasta 

Thank you all for your great support and I hope that you will enjoy this chapter and the last one too :D Don't forget to keep voting and commenting!