A new recruit - part 2

Sorry guys that it took so long for me to update this story. I have been quite busy lately. But finally I have found the time to update it and I have decided to make this chapter especially long, so you have a lot to read.

I wanted to thank you all for supporting me and I would love to hear in the comments below what you think of this chapter and if you think I should proceed in writing this book :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon they get to the headquarters and when they step out of the Helicarrier, Nick Fury is already waiting for them.

"Welcome to the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, Mr Johnson. I am Nick Fury, the director and leader of the Avengers", he greets Lucas.

"Lucas, sir. At your service", Lucas salutes.

"Please, we might be a kind of military base, but there's no need for formal salutes here", Nick says without any facial expressions showing.

Lucas does not know what to say, so he just stretches out his hand, hoping that that was the right move.

The others all start laughing and so does Nick. 

"I just wanted to see how you react, when I tell you something without showing any facial expressions. I was just messing with you", he smiles at Lucas and shakes his hand in a greeting manner.

"Okay, joke aside. It's time to get down to business. Please follow me", Nick exclaims and starts walking off. Claire gives Lucas a sign to follow and walks after him, with Steve at her side.

Nick leads them into his office.

"Now we need to find your purpose. Why you would be worthy of joining this team. And then we need a name for you too. But one thing at a time", Nick explains.

A few seconds later Tony appears in the doorway. "Bruce has everything ready, Fury."

Nick and the others leave the office and follow Tony to a room underground, filled with all different kinds of equipment. A glass window separates the room from an even bigger room that is completely empty. Claire recognises the place straight away. It is the training room they took Claire to the first time she got to the headquarters.

"Okay, we have some different toys ready for you to try out", Tony jokes.

He looks around and then picks up a sword, which he hands to Lucas. 

'It's really heavy', Lucas thinks, examining it closely.

"Okay, go in and try it out", Steve says and leads Lucas to the door, where he turns around once more, to look at Claire, who is smiling at him and then steps out into the training room.

He gets ready, taking up a fighting position in the middle of the training room.

'What is going to attack me now in a minute? Is it going to be a robot or some scary creature or maybe some controlled electric equipment? I just hope I can manage to swing this sword', Lucas thinks.

But before he has the chance to think about it anymore, Bruce gives him a thumbs up, to ask if he is ready. Lucas nods in response and Bruce presses a button.

At one side of the room, a wall opens, and Thor comes out, holding his hammer in one hand.

Without a word, he storms at Lucas, who lifts his sword and swings it, missing Thor miserably.

Thor laughs and starts swinging his hammer at Lucas, who is trying his hardest to defend himself and trying to hit Thor somehow with his sword.

Suddenly, before Lucas knows what is happening, he is lying on the floor, with Thor standing over him, holding out his hand. He helps Lucas get up again.