World's greatest boyfriend

Claire carefully lifts her head to see who had sat down next to her, expecting it to be Steve, but instead looks into the eyes of none other than...

"Lucas", Claire shouts and flings her arms around him. She cannot believe it is him.

'But it is. His familiar scent, his muscular arms. That can only be my brother', Claire is overjoyed. 

So many different thoughts are going through her mind that it takes her a minute to realise that Steve standing in the doorway, all happy and smiling, like he usually does. Lucas follows Claire's gaze.

"Thank you, Captain for looking after her", he says and smiles at Steve, who smiles back at him.

"Always", he answers and looks back at her.

They stay like that, just looking into each other's eyes, when Claire turns to Lucas.

"What happened? I mean, you were... dead and now you're...", Claire trails off.

"Alive. Yeah, I know, I was there. The one minute I saw black and that was it, I didn't feel anything anymore and the next I awoke in the operating room all by myself. It was the strangest feeling ever", Lucas admits, but laughs when he sees how confused she is looking at him.

"But don't worry, sis. I am feeling fine now", he reassures her and smiles.

"Are you sure? Still, you should be resting", Claire demands, worrying about her brother.

"I'm fine, really. I will rest once I have told the rest of the team that I am back", he laughs at his last words, then gets up of the bed and heads towards the door, where Steve is still standing.

"Welcome back", Steve smiles and puts his hand onto Lucas's shoulder. 

"Thanks", Lucas replies smiling, before he leaves to find the others.

Claire smiles at Steve, who still has not moved. 

"Are you going to stay standing in the doorway all day or are you going to come in? I don't bite you know", Claire jokes.

"Really? And how do I know that I can trust you?" Steve laughs.

"Don't you trust me?" Claire looks hurt.

"Yes, of course I trust you, more than anyone else", Steve reassures her, not sure if she is joking or not.

"I was kidding. Don't worry", Claire laughs, seeing Steve's confused face relax again and his mouth turning into a smile.

He walks in, closing the door behind him. "How can you scare me like that?" he laughs, now standing in front of her.

"Thank you for being there for me", Claire smiles up at him.

"I will always be there for you. You don't need to worry. I won't ever leave your side", Steve reassures her smiling and takes her hand into his.

"I love you Claire and I always will", he says and embraces her, taking in her wonderful scent and beauty.

"I love you too, Cap", Claire answers, smiling once she has spoken those words.

Steve picks her up bridal style with his beautiful, muscular arms and twirls her around a little before he carefully places her back onto the bed.

"Will you stay here with me tonight?" Claire asks, looking up at him.

"If that is what you want, then of course I will stay here", Steve smiles and goes around to the other side of the bed.

He takes of his shirt, knowing exactly that Claire is watching him, which causes him to smile. Then he lies down in bed, beside Claire.

'His body is such a beauty to look at. He is just perfect', Claire thinks and has to smile.

"What are you looking all happy about?" Steve's deep, but beautiful voice interrupts her thoughts, and he starts laughing, probably because of her startled face.

"I just feel really happy right now", Claire states smiling.

Steve holds out his arm for her, inviting her to come into his arms.

"Are you going to make me wait all evening", Steve jokes.

With that Claire moves closer to Steve and cuddles up in his arms.

That night Claire feels the happiest she has ever felt. She has her brother back and the world's greatest boyfriend at her side.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Let me know in the comments below :)

Thank you all for your great support, you guys are fantastic ;)