A Celebration Party

When they get back, Fury is already waiting for them in the garage. He congratulates them and tells them that there is going to be a party on tonight.

Then he asks Claire to follow him into his office.

Once in the office Fury sits down in his seat and beckons her to sit down on the chair opposite. 

"Congratulations, Dark Scarlet. You just saved the city. You are stronger than I thought you were or at least I thought it would take longer for you to harness control over your powers. But you proved me wrong and I am glad about that. It shows that it was the right decision to listen to the Captain and let you join the Avengers", he exclaims, smiling.

"And I thank you for giving me this great opportunity. It is like I have been destined to be a part of the Avengers", Claire says.

"But you were destined to be an Avenger. You mother was one. Once you are an Avenger, your descendants will be Avengers too, unless they should go against us."

"You should also know that the Captain is quite fond of you", Fury laughs, and Claire has to blush a little. "Now, you'd better get ready. You don't want to miss the party", Fury adds.

Claire thanks him once more and then leaves the office and heads to her room.

She opens the wardrobe and looks inside. The wardrobe is full of clothes and it takes Claire a while until she has looked at all the clothes.

Then she picks out a dress in a scarlet colour. She realises that scarlet seems to be her favourite new colour. The dress goes all the way to the floor and widens itself on the waist, just like the dresses of Disney princesses. Where the dress parts, there is a kind of belt, which is made out of little glitter stones.

Claire slips it on and looks at herself in the mirror. Then she brushes her long black hair and just lets it fall down her back and down the front. She adds some silver earrings and puts some makeup on.

Then she looks into the mirror one last time and leaves the room, heading towards the party.

On her way she bumps into Natasha. She is wearing a dark blue dress that stops at her knees. Her dress also parts at the bottom and there were it parts, a little blue flower sits on the left side of her dress. She has also but some earrings in and her red hair is shining brightly. 'She looks beautiful', Claire thinks.

"Oh my god, Claire. You look lovely", Natasha interrupts her thoughts. 

"Thank you, but so do you", Claire smiles at her. 

"Thank you. Ready?" Natasha asks her, her eyes sparkling. 

"As ready as I will ever be", Claire answers.

They head to the party room together and pretty much everyone is there already, all of them in deep conversations.

When Claire and Natasha enter the room, everyone looks up at them and the room goes quiet.

Claire feels a bit uncomfortable with everyone staring at her like that, but Natasha seems to be loving it. Then Claire sees Bruce coming towards them. 

"Hi... You look beautiful. Both... both of you", he stutters, but smiles once he has finished the sentence, like it is the hardest thing he has ever said. 

"Thank you. You look good yourself, Doctor", Natasha says smiling. 

Then there is an awkward silence, until Natasha speaks again. "Well, aren't you going to ask me, if I want to dance, Doctor?" She is smiling and before Bruce has the chance to answer, she tugs him onto the dancefloor.

Claire is now left alone on the top of the stairs and does not quite know what to do, when she sees somebody coming her way.

Steve stays standing in front of her and smiles. "Wow, you look stunning. I have to say, scarlet really suits you." Claire laughs at this.

Steve is wearing a black suite and he looks so good in it. 'His eyes are so beautiful', Claire thinks.

"Would you like to have this dance with me?" Steve asks her.

Claire nods and Steve takes her hand. They go down the steps together and onto the dancefloor.

Steve carefully puts his hand around her waist and pulls her close to him. She then puts her hands around his neck, and they dance to a slow song. Claire decides to put her head onto his shoulder and breaths in the smell of his aftershave. 

'You are happy now', a voice in Claire's head says and Claire can't help smiling.