Chapter Ten

The road to my recovery was rather long, but with everyone helping me along each step of the way, the easier each day seemed

After a week, I could sit by myself.

The next, I could wrap my thin shoulders in a shawl, and have Robin carry me to the woods edge to get fresh air.

The third week, color was back in my cheeks, and I could walk with guiding hands. Soon after, I could walk on my own.

Two months later, though a bit thin and not quite fully restored to my full health, I was practically fully recovered.

Robin had lost contact again, stopped seeing me, but I did not let it get to me. I lived my life, remembering the soft words he had whispered during the beginning of my recovery, and during my illness.

Knowing that I didn't need him to live only made me stronger, though my heart still ached.

The time would come. It would come swiftly, on golden wings, and all would be put to rest, and forgiven.

Anger would cease, and Robin would come and apologize for his wrong doings, and the confusion he had caused me.

I had just had a delicious supper, curtesy of dear little Marmaduke Scarlet, and proceeded to take a short ride in the forest.

After assuring everyone that I would be fine, I took off on Periwinkle.

The trees once again welcomed me with open arms- or rather, branches. The air smelled clean and new, and peace ensued.

I wove through the trees, enjoying the calmness, but almost wishing that Robin was here beside me.

But he made his own choices, and I couldn't stop him. If he didn't wish to see me, then so be it.

A twig snapped, pulling me once more out of my thoughts. I moved cautiously towards the sound, curious.

A small group of men in black stepped into the open.

They all smirked, and after searching for wild curls and feathers (and finding none), I was unsure of what would happen and backed away.

"Ah, the precious princess!" The shortest one remarked. "Don't worry, we won't harm you."

A plain one of average height spoke. "We are so glad that your recovery was swift, princess."

They all looked at each other, and bowed.

The tallest one muttered, "Especially Robin, the lazy fool. All he every does is mope these days."

The short one elbowed him and hissed, "Don't speak of Robin, you don't know what could happen!"

My heart fluttered, but I remembered my anger at him and brushed it away. "What are you're names?"

"Henry," said the tall boy.