Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Zana must have heard his mumble too as she gave him a sympathetic look. I felt a shot of sadness that he hadn’t told me yet. But then again... I hadn’t told him. Even if he did ask me out, I fancy Zayn as well; it would be awkward and mean crushing on your boyfriend’s best mate. "Okay well, for winning the contest..." Harry began but I butted in and finished the sentence for him. "WE GO ON HOLIDAY WITH ONE DIRECTION!" I joked. But the boys all smirked mischievously.

I noticed Zana found it really awkward because she felt excluded from the group. After all the excitement, I pulled Zana aside to see if she was okay. "Im fine," she put on a smile but I could tell she was lying. I stopped her from walking away and pulled her to the back of the hall for more privacy. I asked her if she was okay again and she sighed, ready to admit what was up. But then she looked over my head and smiled, that stopped her from telling me and when I looked behind I saw that Liam was looking back at her. I gasped and quietly squealed with excitement, "You like him!! And he likes you!! AWWW!" I whisper shouted. She shushed me and erupted into little giggles.

 But then her tone changed, "No I don’t, what are you talking about." I couldn’t help but think there was something wrong with this girl, or there’s something really big in her life she doesn’t tell anybody. I deeply sighed and took her hand. "Zana, I have 2 degrees in Psychology, and im not thick. Something’s up, I can see it in your eyes. You can either tell me and I keep it a secret or... I will strap you to my Uncle Jeremy's truth machine and see for myself," she gave me a look to sarcastically say, oh really? ” Seriously... He does have one."

"Its nothing, I just feel a little weird... Anyways, tell me whats the award for this? I want to be this excited too," Zana dismissed everything I said. I sighed and pulled her down the isle bit again, back to the boys. "You do realise you guys will be singing with us in front of a huge audience?" Harry pointed out as we returned. "WHAT!?! OMG YES!" me and Zana squealed together.

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me, which I thought to be Niall... But no. Guess who it was. Zayn. He squeezed me into a tight hug and I took in his scent. I buried my face in his shoulder and he lifted up my chin, pulling my face up towards his... He was about to kiss me... But he covered his tracks with a kiss on the head because everyone had their eyes on us. Once he released me, Zana leaned close to my ears and whispered, "So he's the one you choose?" How can she know? We've only known each other for literally an hour, she must be very observant.

I felt a ball of guilt escalate through my body as I looked at Niall. His eyes were full of sorrow and sadness. I moved towards him but he just put his hands in his pockets and walked away, looking down at the floor as he did. I stood frozen to the spot. Zayn was looking slightly awkward, running his hands through his thick, jet-black hair. Louis suddenly appeared beside me and pushed me after him, "Go get him tiger... Growwwwl." He growled in my ear, trying to lighten the dreary mood that was just set upon the room. I smiled slightly and sprinted after him. I looked back to see Zayn's chocolate brown eyes full of hurt. But I also saw that Zana placed a hand on Zayn's shoulder and say something to him, where he smiled back at her. I wondered what she said but this wasn’t the time because I had to talk to Niall.

After a while, I found Niall sitting on a bench in one of the garden areas. I slowly went up to him and sat beside him on the bench, playfully bumping my shoulder against his. His eyes met mine and he placed a gentle hand on my cheek. His other hand fiddled with my hand, loosely clutching each finger like I was fragile glass. He leant in and for a moment I thought he was going to kiss my lips, but no. He kissed my neck and whispered in my ear, "Why? Why toy with my heart?"

"I...I..Niall, I just don’t... I don’t know" I whispered back, where our cheeks rubbed against each other. I tried to look away but he cupped my face and pressed his soft lips against mine. For a moment I hung there, unsure of how to react, but soon enough I found my way along. I rested a hand on his waist and he reached down to hold my other one. It felt so right... Yet so wrong. After a few minutes, Niall pulled away and breathed heavily; he pressed his forehead against mine, "Promise me this. Be mine... And stay mine."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola! This is Chapter 2 of our fanfic. Will Imogen say yes? Or no? Yes? Or no? Wait for the next chapter to find out... MWAHAHAHA!

- Imy and Zana <3 x