24 // Chosen One

I sat at my easel, blending the skin of the portrait in front of me. It was of a man, and at first, it resembled Damien. Then it began to resemble Xander. I frowned, and shoved the brush into the water beside me. I rested my head in my hands. Men were obnoxious, and time consuming, and distracting. 

"I brought snacks," I looked up to see Damien grinning in the doorway. He was holding a plate of all my favorite snacks. This man had made it his job to know me like the back of his hand. I smiled, but it was a smile of guilt. I had to make a choice, and I hated making choices. They had consequences. 

No matter who I chose, I would be Queen, not that I cared much for that. If I chose Xander, I would lose Lyon and Ace in addition to Damien. If I chose Damien, I would lose Xander. You would think that the decision would be obvious. 

It wasn't. 

"You're a life saver," I groaned as I arched my back, stretching. I happily took the plate from him, resting my feet up as I relaxed for the first time in hours. 

"The Council wants to meet with you," 

I froze mid-chew. 

"The food was just to soften the blow, huh?" 

"It's got nothing to do with the current...situation. They want to give you more guidance on being a Luna, and educate you on what it actually means. You're human, so you haven't had the same education and upbringing as others." 

"So basically I'm going to werewolf grade school?" I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"You know it's not like that," he sighed in defeat. 

"Sorry, I'm doing that girl thing where I twist your words, aren't I?" 

"Mhmm," he picked me up bridal style and carried me over to the bed, taking his comfortable position beside me as I laid my head on his chest. 

"Your life is complicated, Damien." 

"Well, it's a good thing we've got each other then, isn't it?" 

***

Sorry for the short/anticlimactic chapter :( I just wanted to reintroduce myself and let you know that I'm FINALLY going to be posting again. A better, longer, more eventful chapter will be out on Wednesday, and I'll be back to my regular posting schedule. 

I missed you guys, adjusting to college has just been a HUGE adjustment for me. I'm back on track though, and the love triangle shall continue. 

xoxo

Kaitlin