twenty-two.

"Will you be my girlfriend? Say screw the future, and live now?" Barry said, hopefully.

I smiled. "Of course." I ran forward at normal speed, hugging him.

This wasn't a typical thing, not one I could tell to my friends that didn't know our secret, not one I could tell my future kids unless they knew as well. 

Barry had asked to go on a run with me. It was midnight, and he wanted to work on my speed while also patrolling the city for metahumans. Cisco was still working the Speed formula, so Barry was still normal speed for him.

I was getting faster, and Caitlin even predicted that since I was smaller and lighter than Barry, that I would be faster than him. Until he got his tachyon enhancement, of course.

Barry had then proposed a race to my apartment building's roof, where I had first met the Flash.

I smiled and agreed, although I knew he would get there first.

Imagine my surprise when I got there earlier than him. 

I was then engulfed in a hug from behind. He then let go of me, standing in front of me. And then he asked me to be his girlfriend.

It wasn't terribly romantic, but he knew I liked this way more than anything overly romantic he could have done.

"Aw, how cute. Little Rory finally making a move. Shame she can never be happy." 

I looked over to the edge of the roof, where she was standing.

"Doppelganger??" Barry said, shocked.

She simply laughed, tossing her dark brown hair over her shoulder.

"I'm hotter than Rory here, though." She said, winking.

"See ya later, sweetie." She said, and I wasn't sure if it was directed at me or Barry.

Barry picked me up and ran to STAR Labs.

"I can run myself, you know." I mumbled.

"Guys! There's a Rory-lookalike running around!" Barry hollered, entering the Cortex.

Wells entered the room, intrigued.

"Like, Rory's doppelganger?" Cisco asked confused.

Barry nodded. "But she had darker hair, and had black lightning." It clicked in his head.

"Trajectory!"

"Eliza? What about her?" Caitlin asked.

"She had said that 'a speedster with black lightning' had manipulated her to make the V-9. She said she looked exactly like Rory." Barry explained.

They then went into an argument about all of the possible ways this could have happened.

"Maybe since she's a speedster she can make her own breach?" Cisco suggested.

"But then I or Zoom could get through." Barry disagreed, still refusing to call Zoom by Jay.

I stayed quiet, leaning up against the wall.

"Maybe she's been here all this time, hiding. Maybe Zoom knew we were gonna close the breaches." Caitlin suggested.

Barry nodded. "Why only now, though?" 

"Maybe because you're about to try to open the breaches to get back to him." Cisco said, clearly still not happy with it.

"There's just one problem." Wells said. "There is no other speedsters on Earth 2 except for Garrick. Or Zoom. Whatever his name is. And there are no metahumans on Earth 2 that either fit Rory's description or have the name Rory Winters." 

"What about Aurora Winters?" Barry asked.

I shot him a look.

"No. Not in Central City. I would know. I kept a list." Wells said.

"He's right. There's no Rory Winters in Earth 2 because this speedster is not a doppelganger."

Barry looked at me confused.

"Not a doppel- Rory she looks JUST like you!" He argued.

"You're right." I agreed.

"She must be your doppelganger." Caitlin agreed with Barry.

I shook my head. "No. That speedster is my twin sister."