nine.

After realizing that Team Flash could very easily find out my identity, I waited until they had gone out late at night. Then I had ran there and left a microphone in the Cortex. On my way out, I had almost ran into Harrison Wells, who had stayed behind. I had accidentally stumbled into the Time Vault, which had opened at my touch, oddly. I waited for him to walk by, and was about to leave when I noticed two things: one, the Reverse Flash suit, which I looked at in awe and horror. and two, a pedestal in the center of the room. I was drawn to it.

I carefully touched it, and a hologram of a face appeared.

"Hello, I am Gideon." 

AI. Nice. This must be from the future.

"Do you know who I am, Gideon?" 

"Yes. Your name is Aurora Elizabeth Winters, speedster and legend."

"Can you show me Flicker?"

"I don't understand the request."

I sighed. "Please show me articles of Aurora Winters in any future newspapers."

One article came up. This must be the newest one. The year read 2020. 

The headline read, "The Flash's greatest enemy!"

I read the by-line, Iris West. Huh. She's still a reporter, and a pretty famous one too, to get a front-page article.

I read the first paragraph of the article, 

"Last night, The Flash was seen battling a speedster. While this was proven not to be the Reverse-Flash, upon closer looks and hearing of the conversation, it appeared to be none other than Flicker, the long-time partner of The Flash. Many had assumed that they were in a romantic relationship, and interactions of this type have been seen between the two speedsters. What started in a simple argument, turned into a race and later a fight. This ended with The Flash ultimately coming on top and Flicker declaring that she was done, before racing off in anger."

The end of the article caught my eye.

"Flicker was seen with Blink, who had been captured by the Flash and Flicker many years ago. They had been seen wrecking havoc in the city, and Flicker had declared to a reporter on-site that she was now 'Glint.' Whatever the fight had been about, it must have been very bad, to cause a woman who had proven to be the most heroic and good-natured of people to turn to the side of evil. Hopefully, this will be fixed by The Flash, as Central City wants their beloved Blue Blur back!"

I stumbled backwards. I could never turn evil, could I?

"Gideon, do you know what caused the fight between The Flash and Flicker?"

"No. I am not programmed to give any other information about Aurora Winters. All other information and articles after this one about her have been wiped from my storage."

"By who?" I questioned.

"My creator, Barry Allen."

"Can you tell me who Aurora Winters was to Barry Allen?"

"She was his partner in crime-fighting, they fought side by side for many years, and had a romantic relationship. They were set to be married before the events of this article."

I then remembered something Iris had told me.

"I thought you had been erased from this timeline when Eobard Thawne was?" I questioned.

"I was. My AI system had re-awokened at your touch, as it would at no one else's." She replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"My creator had programmed me to do so, but only for the first time you discovered me. After this conversation, I will be self-destructed from this time." Gideon said calmly.

"Thank you, Gideon." I said, nodding.

"You are welcome. Goodbye, Miss Winters." 

And with that, Gideon disappeared, and true to her word, she did not appear after I touched the pedestal again.

Her words and the article still swirled in my mind. I would not become a criminal. I didn't know who this Blink was, but from what I gathered, I became a villain after some type of argument between Barry and I. I knew what I had to do. I could not fall for Barry Allen.