eight.

Everything was okay, for a while. And then Iris told me something about the meta human that attacked me. Apparently, his name was Atom Smasher, and he was from another Earth. She told me about a guy that had shown up, apparently he was the speedster from this other Earth, which was called Earth-2. His name was Jay Garrick, and he was the Flash there.

Another surprising doppelganger appeared soon after, when Barry was attacked by a man-shark. Harrison Wells. Well, not the Wells we knew that was actually an evil Eobard Thawne from the future, but the Wells from Earth-2.

Soon, one after another, more and more metas started appearing. Iris said that Barry was trying to get faster to stop the man behind it, a speedster named Zoom.

I was walking down the street when I saw a young 14 year old girl get thrown to the nearest wall.

Something inside of me was ignited, and I ran forward at super-speed to grab the girl and run her to the nearest rooftop.

I looked back at the person responsible. A meta. Probably a breacher, as the Flash has never caught nor seen this meta, and it would have appeared sometime last year.

I ran back to him, and using my speed and my knowledge of how to fight, I managed to render him unconscious.

I went and asked the girl if she was okay, and after she said she couldn't move her arm, I ran her to the nearest hospital, not giving anyone time to see me.

As I got home, I got a text from Iris. It was a link to her blog, which I forgot she still ran, even though she knew everything she could want about the Flash, and even though she had a job as a reporter now.

The headline read, "New speedster - friend or foe?"

Shit.

Iris went on the tell the story of what had just happened on the street, and she even got a picture of me right as I was leaving the hospital. Luckily you couldn't see my figure or my face, just a flash of blue, similar to the first picture she took of Barry.

I went to the roof and looked out over the city. It would be over-run with metas, both ours and breachers. Barry wouldn't be able to stop them all and work on his speed at the same time.

I had made up my mind. I ran to Keystone City, which took a while, as I was still not used to running, so I was not as fast as I could be. Yet.

I used a pay phone there, and called a number I never thought I would dial again.

"Ben? It's me. Yes. I need you to do me a favor. And no, you can't tell either of them. You owe me." I said into the phone.

"I need a suit." I said, exhaling slowly.

True to his word, Ben did not tell anyone, but simply made the suit I requested and sent it to a random address in Keystone, where I picked it up before the owners of the property could find it.

I ran back home, and took the suit out of the box. It fit perfectly, and was more excellent than I could have ever imagined.

It was black, and had dark blue trim. It was simple, but I didn't need a fancy symbol like Barry's or anything. I completed it with a black mask.

I ran outside, and found a group of thugs hitting something.

"Hey!"

"Who are you supposed to be?" One of the thugs turned around and asked.

"Flicker." I replied, my voice angry.

"Ohhh, so you're the Flash's bitch?" He laughs.

I run up and punch him with as much force as I could muster, and that strength paired with the speed caused his jaw to crack, and him to fall over.

The other thugs looked at me with scared eyes, and quickly ran off.

I went to the man they were beating on.

"Are you alright?"

"I will be. Thank you." He says gratefully.

I tell him to hold on, and I run him to the nearest hospital.

I am about to take off again towards my home, when I hear a yell.

"Wait!" The voice said.

I froze. Iris.

I used the same trick Barry used to disguise his voice and face.

"Miss West I presume?" I say, looking at her.

"Yes. Who are you? How did you get here?" She asks quickly.

"My name is Flicker. That's all you need to know. I'm not going to hurt you." I said, and ran off before she could continue.

Now it was only a matter of time until Team Flash found out. Soon I would have to show myself, and Barry and Iris would know that I was lying to them all this time.

But it was worth it. I know I had said I would not become a hero, but my friend always did tell me that I had a hero complex. And I hated seeing people so helpless. I had to help take down these breachers, even if it was only temporary.