eleven.

After my encounter with Barry, I circled the city a few times to make sure nobody was tracking me, and then I headed home. I opened my laptop to listen into the conversation currently going on at STAR Labs.

"..It was like she had the Arrow's abilities but my speed."

I scoffed. 'His speed.'  And wasn't he called the Green Arrow now?

"Her style was more acrobatic, like a ninja."

I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe she used to be a member of the League of Assassins?"

Huh. Didn't know they were here in this area. Good to know.

"No, Felicity told me that the Green Arrow had told her once that only like two or three assassins were ever released from the bond, and that they knew who they were."

Felicity? The name sounded familiar.

"Well, maybe you should contact this Miss Smoak and see if she could double check." That was Wells. Thank you, Earth-2 Wells.

I looked up Felicity Smoak in my computer, still listening to the conversation the team was having over who I could be.

She is the CEO of Palmer Technologies, which used to be Queen Consolidated. She's very close with Oliver Queen, even as to the point where coworkers complain about her leaving at random to follow him.

Hm. If this Felicity works with the Green Arrow, and she works with Oliver Queen, despite not working for him anymore....

I tucked that little hypothesis in the back of my mind. Certainly something to come back to eventually.

They had moved on to the subject of how I had gotten my speed, and to be honest, I was getting a little bored.

Wells had said that they did not have a metahuman like me on Earth-2, and that he had never seen another speedster except for Zoom and Jay.

Caitlin had suggested they find Jay for his help, but Wells had insisted that Jay had left on his own will.

I was starting to zone out. Barry was still stuck on the fact that I had ran.

"And why had she disguised her voice and face?" Barry questioned.

"Um, maybe to keep her identity a secret?" Iris had asked.

"Yes, but she would only do that if we knew her voice or face. Maybe it is a breacher, but she looks like one of the people we know? I mean, who knows, it could be a speedster Caitlin Snow." Barry argued back.

Wells disagreed. "It's not Caitlin from Earth-2." 

"How do you know?" Barry protested.

"Just, trust me." Wells insisted, making it clear that the conversation was over.

I hummed in thought. Wells must know more about the people at STAR Labs than he's letting on. Or, at least their Earth-2 counterparts.

I must have a counterpart there too. I wondered if she was anything like me. Was she evil, as I was meant to be in the future here, on this Earth? Was she a vigilante? Did she even live in Central City? Maybe she never moved like I did. Maybe she didn't run from her past, like I did. Or, maybe she didn't even have the same past. She could have been raised by her parents, who were both alive and well. 

I shook the thoughts from my mind, focusing again on the microphones. I didn't want to miss anything if they had a solid lead. If I was on their team, I would have figured it out already. It's not that hard to realize that Rory was just a nickname. In their defense, it did only say Rory Elise in the computer databases, not Aurora Elizabeth, but still.

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice I never expected to hear again.

"Snooping on people again, are we Rory? I thought you would have dropped that little habit."

I spun around. It can't be. But it was. 

And in that moment, I realized, you can't keep running from your past.