2

Pic of Luca

LUCA

The sound of the drill Sargent whistling woke me from my deep slumber with grumble. Two more days. Just two more days and I get to go home for my niece's graduation and hopefully won't be called for duty for a while. I needed time away from the base and I think going back to Colorado would do me some good.

"What are your plans when we return home?"my friend questioned as we exited our building and met up with the rest of the squadron and waited for the Sargent to begin giving orders. I've been a marine for the past 6 years and do to it was hard to make my marriage work with my wife and in the end we got divorced shortly after our daughter was born. It was hard at first because I always had someone to remind me that I had someone waiting for me when I returned from Iraq.

My name is Luca 'Sniper' Davidson, I'm one of the best sniper shooters in the Marines, hence the nickname that my team gave me.

"We will doing drills for most of the morning before going into the city to look around for any suspicious activity. We trained for the next 10 hours from running around the barracks to doing push ups and crunches. Since I was their superior, I decided the group in three separate teams and gave them orders in where they would go. At 12 a.m we got news that team alpha were in one in one of the most dangerous locations in Iraq. They told us that they had seen a group of men with guns walking around and talking into their phones. I told them to keep hidden and to keep in touch to let us know if anything happens.

~*~*~*~*~*~

On Monday, August 29th,2034 I was giving the go ahead to go home for two weeks and I was beyond thrilled. I was currently packing my bags while my roommate sat in his bed watching

"Dude, how lucky are we that we get to go home?" He asked, he had finished packing his things a few minutes ago while I showered.

"I know. I haven't seen my daughter since she was 1 and she's already 4" I replied looking a the picture of my daughter when she was born. Rikki, my then wife, had giving birth to our baby two days after I was deployed which sucked. I had wanted to be there for her birth but shit happens and I lost the chance to see her birth. She was barely walking when her mother and I divorced and I haven't been there for most of her life. I wasn't even there when Sofia began walking or even talking. I lost so much of her life because of me always been deployed every time something happened with her.

"She must be happy to know you're going home" he said as we gathered our things and walked out of our building

"She couldn't stop squealing and cheering whence spoke last week that I was coming home" I said with a chuckle

"I bet, that's how Mickey reacted when I told him the same thing" he said as we stopped at the jeeps where the other marines were getting in to be taking to the airport

"How is is he?" I quizzed

"He just turned 8 and I missed it" he said and I could see the pain in his eyes at the mention of his son. Heath Rogers is his name and he's one of the only people that I grew close with since I've been in the marines. He's ten years older then me at 43 with a buzzed head. He stands at 6'2 just an inch taller than me. He was well built with muscles that were bigger then my damn head. He and his wife have been married since they were 19 and 20 years old. They had a son and daughter named Michael and Elizabeth ages 8 and 2. They were cute kids with matching blue and red hair that they got front their parents. Jessica, was his wife's name, is a beautiful woman with vibrant hazel green eyes and strawberry blond hair and was a foot shorter then Heath.

"Make sure to keep your pagers on you at all times while you are all home. There is a possibility that we could call you and cut your trip short" the leader of our group said and we all agreed I just wanted to get home to Colorado and see my daughter.