Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Forty Five

Lily's POV

My unsteady breathing was all that could be heard. It was a mix of both exhaustion and rage. I glared at the hand that was tightly wrapped around my arm, yet not tight enough to hurt me. It was as if this will make him let go of me.

"Please listen." He said in the calmest voice I've ever heard him use. A voice, that told me he just wanted me to listen, not understand. So, I looked up at him, and sighed,"I'm all ears..."

"There are things I can't tell you... But I will no longer stand by and allow you, Basil, and Clematis to get hurt by the elders and their decisions."

"What about her?" I growled through cleanched teeth."She was your wife, and you just allowed her to be sent away?!"

"Lily-"

"S-She loved you, didn't she? She put her faith in you? And you just..." I asked, and when he remained quiet my anger grew."Well?!"

"I was supposed to be her hope...." He whispered, and it all sounded too familiar. It sound just like Gaara and I. He's my hope, and I'm his...

"Light." I breathe out shakily,"She was your light... And you shut her out!" My arm moved on it's own, going for a punch. Like my last attack, he easily caught it, and now held both of my arms in his grip. "Why?"

"....Because I am a coward." He answered after a few seconds of silence."I'm sorry.... That is all I can tell you. I care about the three of you too much, to let this go any further. The elders can do as they please to me, but they will no longer hurt you. I let your mother down, and I don't plan on doing that to anyone else I love. You have all the right to hate me..."

My eyes widen in shock at his last sentence. He thought I hated him? That's all I ever avoided, feeling the power of hate in my veins like I did when that man took the life of my mother. So why would I hate him?

"I-I don't hate you." I stated, holding back the tears that were threatening to spill. I couldn't cry, not right now, I have to be the one who stays strong.

At that moment, he looked as if he was about to break. He took me in his embrace, my back held against his chest. My arms were in front of me making an 'x', he hadn't let go because he wasn't sure if I would get all violent again, or not. Good choice....

"Why? Just why?" I kept asking, and he just wouldn't give me an answer. He set himself in front of me, and placed an affectionate hand on my head.

"I'm sorry, Lily..." Was all he said about the matter. He wanted to make things right between him and his children. He wanted to be the father that his wife would've wanted him to be. He owed her atleast that much.

It was my choice whether I forgive him or not. Whether to let him in, and allow myself to warm up to the dim light in his eyes.

"I-It's okay." I said."Everything is okay now... I care about you too..."

It was his turn to wear wide eyes, but they soon became warm.

Then his hand glowed green,"That seal should wear off in a few minutes, what I can't heal, you're chakra will."

I nodded,"Oh, and when we explain this to Basil, and Clem.... Um, can we leave the part of me getting thrown around out of the conversation?"

What? I don't need Basil freaking out, and beating himself up. That's the last thing I needed at the moment.

*****
"So, you're telling me, that you're expecting us to just forgive you?" Basil questioned, his eyes yelling, 'unbelievable!'.

"That is your choice, Basil." Our Father said,"All I want you to understand is that I care about you, and you're sisters. I will protect you..."

Clem, smiled gently, and walked over to him. He got down to her level, and she wrapped her arms around him."I forgive you."

I already knew it wouldn't take Clem much to forgive him. She didn't even question it, it was just in her nature. It was all she knew how to do, forgive, forgive, and forgive. To me, it could be one of her biggest downfalls, but it's also one of her greatest gifts.

Basil, however looked at Clem and I. He was skeptical, he didn't want to get his hopes up, he came to know his father as a man with a cold heart. A man, who couldn't give two damns about him.

'Please....' I pleaded, when we made eye contact. A sigh escaped his lips.

"Alright, all is forgiven." Basil said, and he was only doing it for our sake. He felt as though he couldn't ge his hopes up, because he had to be the strongest out of the three of us. If this doesn't go well, he wanted to be able to hold us all up.

"Thank you." Our father nodded, about to place his hand on his shoulder, but Basil stepped back. Our father wasn't at all hurt by this action he understood. Trust is hard to gain, especially from Basil.

This is the start of change. My father feared the council, and he would never defy them. But when it came to Basil, Clem, and I, that fear subsidded, and you would've thought he was the one in charge.

********

Caspian's POV

I slammed my hands on the long table the Coucil Members sat.

My father was the first one to speak,"Caspian what is the meaning of this?"

"I only have one thing to say." I said, in a calm yet threatening manner."You can do whatever the hell you want, but if you so much as even lay one scratch on any of my children, death will be nothing compared to what I will do to you."

"Was that a threat?" He asked, raising a mocking brow.

"No." I shook my head,"It's a promise."

With that, I left....

******

"Lily, what is that?" Basil narrowed his eyes. We were sitting on the porch, deciding to have some bother-sister time.

"What?" I rose a brow.  He lifted the short sleeve of my shirt slightly to reveal a small bruise.

"Who did this? I thought you said Zennia wasn't able to lay a hit on you." He said, glaring at me.

"She didn't." I lied.

"Then explain that bruise." He waited patiently, smirking at me.

"It's not a bruise. It's a.... A, um..."

"A what?" He rose a brow, just itching to hear my idiotic excuse.

"A tattoo!" I exclaimed. Really Lily, really. Out of all the damn excuses in the world you chose that?!

"Lily, you're fourteen." He deadpanned.

"Gaara has a tatoo! Why can't I?"

"So, you got what looks like a damn pen smudge as a permanent marking on your skin"

"Why not?!"

He chuckled, shaking his head and putting his arm around me,"You little idiot."

"What did you just call me?" I snapped.

"Hard of hearing?" What his blunt, smart ass reply.

"No, but you will, once I'm done with you!"

With that we engaged in a battle of tumbling all over the ground. And for the first time in forever.... I won!

Well..... Dayuuumm.... Anyways hope ya like this chapter, next one will most likely be the last. Yeah this one was short, but it wasn't too bad to me. Also,  I am trying to finish this book soon because I go back to school next Monday, bleh! Yay, highschool!.. Not...

Fun Fact Of The Chapter

Caspian will continue to fear and listen to the elders, but he will no longer tolerate it when harm is inflicted on Basil, Lily, or Clem!

Anyways thank for reading!

Vote. Comment. Follow. Questions. Yay!