Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty

Lily's POV

Rock Lee vs. Gaara of the Desert

Well, sh--. Life really dosen't like to be on anybody's side, does it? This is definitely going to be a brutal fight. I've never seen Gaara fight, but I don't have to see in order to know that he's merciless and ruthless. Now Lee, I have seen fight, and he's amazing.

"Alright bushy brows!" Naruto cheered, along with Sakura.

"Come on! You can do this, Lee!" I yelled, grinning widely.

"That idiot has no chance against Gaara." Kankuro shrugged, earning himself glares from Naruto and I.

"You're wrong." Naruto shook his head. "Bushy Brow is way more than what he seems."

"Yeah." I agreed, crossing my arms. "So underestimating Lee will be Gaara's undoing."

Lee threw kicks and punches at Gaara, but with every one of those atacks was sand blocking them. I notice how Gaara's sand was somewhat like my vines... I could control and manipulate them with chakra, but it confuses me how he controls the sand. He just stands there, his arms across his chest while the sand just protects him. I always need to use movement of my hands and arms...

"How is he doing that?" I asked out loud. Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Shikamaru and Kankuro turn their gazes on me. "His sand is like my vines.... but how does he control it?"

Through the coner of my eye I watch Kankuro as he begins to answer me. "The sand... it moves on its own accord. When any kind of harm comes to Gaara, the sand goes to his defense. Because of it, no one has ever been able to land a single hit on Gaara."

So, that's why he came out of every mission without a single scratch... Now I'm starting to become really worry for Lee. I have a horrible feeling about this, and no matter how hard I try not to, I already know how this will turn out.

I internally sighed, and shook my head, ridding myself of the thoughts. 'Have a little hope.' I tell myself. Lee is a great ninja, he is the one who helped my team when we were in the forest.

"I don't get it." Sakura says, disturbing my train of thought."Why is he still using Taijutsu! He should distance himself and attack with Ninjustu."

I nodded curtly in agreement, curious as to know why he continues to use Taijutsu, when it's obviously not making any progress. "That would be a very clever idea..... if he had any." Guy answers. My eyes widen slightly at Guy before I turn back to the two Genin down below.

"When I first met Lee, he was hopeless, and had no kind of talent." Guy explained.

"Well then, this match won't last long... What a drag.." Shikamaru sighs, dragging a hand down his face, to which I smack his arm. "Have a little faith will, ya?" I adonished, letting out an annoyed sigh. It's pretty hard trying to be hopeful already, so I don't need Shikamaru's blunt input at the moment.

"Most think that not being able to use Ninjustu or Genjutsu is a huge disadvantage." Guy admitted, then grinned at his green-cladded pupil. "But I've focused on nothing but Taijutsu with Lee.... Alright Lee, you can take them off!"

Lee was hesitant at first, but then Guy
told him it's fine for now. I rose a brow, take them off? What the he-....

The trail of questions in my head were interrupted by Lee taking of some weights. I sweat drop as he holds the wieghts in his hand.

"What a loser...." Kankuro muttered, along with many others. I scolded, they really need to stop underestimating him. Sure he may be weird, and seem rather pathetic, but he's more than what meets the eye.