Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Forty Three

Lily's POV

Basil held tightly onto the man's fist, and despite his turned back, I knew he held a ruthless glimmer in his eyes.

I looked down at Clematis, who had subconsciously grabbed onto the back of my shirt. She stared at Basil, and a luster of fear had flashed in her eyes. She didn't wanted to see her brother act like this. Although she may have been used to it, it didn't mean that she liked it.

My gaze went back to Basil, and I gently pushed Clematis back. I stepped forward, whispering to Basil, "Let him go Basil.... It's not worth it. It's not worth Clem's eyes."

Basil's eyes widened as he realized what he was doing and unhanded the man. Once his wrist was liberated, he took a few steps back, and stared at us.

"What was the meaning of that?" Basil asked, acting in more of a civilized manner.

"Just following orders." The man answered.

"Who's orders? Last time I checked my father wasn't here to give out any orders." Basil snapped, glaring daggers at the man, who eventhough was twice Basil's sizes, was scared of him. No- not him, but the power and status that he held in the clan.

"My orders." An old man stepped up, wearing a nasty scowl. Basil clenched his teeth at the sight of him.

"Lord, Cedrus." The man acknowledged, and took his place in the group that did nothing but watch. Just like the cowards they were... But why is it so hard for me to be mad at them?

Cedrus, he looks like an old, dusty Cedrus, on an old, twisted tree if you asked me...

That's when all eyes were on me, and it soon dawned on me that I had voiced my thoughts. Clematis fiddled with her hands, nervous about how Cedrus will react.

"Princess Lily, I see that your mother has failed to teach you any manners." He mocked, and I glared.

"Alreast my mother didn't fail to teach me not to be a complete and utter a-" Once again Basil, placed his hand over my mouth in order to stop me from saying something stupid. I glared at him too.

That's when my father came in, and a gap in the group of people was formed to let him through."I thought that I had made it clear that no one was to spar with Clematis without my consent."

"That child is too soft, that will puncture the name of the Yoshida." He argued, glaring at my father. I was suprised that he dared rebut against my father, until I realized that he may be one of the elders who held a high position.

"Puncture? It's already ripped apart." I commented, causing both of them to glare at me. "What? Did I say something wrong?" I asked innocently.

They chose to disregard me and continued the argument.

"Father, I am the head of the clan, and my choices aren't up for discussion." He said strongly, but I wasn't convinced. Everybody else was, but I wasn't. I felt as though his words were empty, and held no truth to them.

Wait hold the flopping flop burgers up! Father?! Don't tell me that this Cedrus guy is.... My grandfather?! Great....

"Now I'm going to ask those who aren't apart of the Main Household to leave." With that the group of people immediately began to pile out of the door. Again, the same feeling of doubt began to peck at the insides of my stocmach. These people never have to be told twice, but the elders...

The man that was tossing Clematis like a rag stood in front of my father and bowed in respect."Lord, Caspian I apologize for my previous actions."

My father glowered down at the man, before walking past him. I shot him a sympathetic look, and nodded, showing him that no grudge will be held against him coming from me.