Legacy of A Flower: Chapter Nine

Lily's POV

"I swear if one of you puke on me you're going to end up six feet under." I warned Blondie and Uchiha.

So they were the only two who haven't gotten through the tree climbing exercise. Now remind you, these two are competitive rivals, and that sometimes annoyed me. Now they're chugging down food to gain energy.

"Eww, stop eating the food if you're just going to throw it back up!" Sakura chastised.

"Thank you Sakura." I said gratefully. Atleast one of my fellow teammates have some common sense left. I mean, Kakashi's rude self is reading his book at the table. "I know I've said that a 'ninga missing a meal is another ninja missing a smile', but that's for if you're going to keep it down, not regurgitate it!"

I rolled my eyes and blew my bangs up in annoyance. "Kakashi-sensei."

He looked up at me. "If you don't put that freaking book down I will break into your house and burn every single copy you have."

That got him to put that sorry excuse for a book away. Disgusting old man!

"Now Uchiha and Blondie stop chugging down food like a bunch of savages before you blow up like pigs." They stopped and ate a bit more slowly.

"Now we're going to have a civilized meal with these wonderful people, with the exception of Tazuna, and act like we have proper etiquette." I smiled innocently. Said geezer shot me a glare but kept his mouth shut. Yeah, he better recognize...

"Do you even know the definition of 'civilized', or 'proper etiquette' for that matter?" Sasuke scoffed. Everyone and I mean everyone froze.

My eye twiched rapidly and my innocent little look morphed into a merciless glare. "Ohhh, Uchiha.... You're in some deep shit now!"

And we ended the night with me going off to bed happily, and a certain ravenette with a minor nose bleed. Oh such peace! Makes me want to cry from the joyful sight.

********

I sat at the edge of the bridge, taking in a gulp of salty air. Sakura was pacing, occasionally stopping to observe the workers. I yawned, boredly. There was nothing to do. Anymore of this and I'll have to start an imaginary game of Spot-A-Bug. Imaginary? Well, what else will I call it? I'm going to have to pretend I saw a bug because there wasn't a single freaking bug on this bridge!

"Are you two always this lazy?" Tazuna asked bluntly.

"It's just that we were sent to watch over you since the boys are still not done with their training." Sakura answered.

I blocked them out and stared at the water, surprisingly rapt by the waves and little fish that jumped up every now and then. I smiled gently, wanting to just jump in.

"Come one Lily, we're going to help Mr.Tazuna buy some groceries." Sakura said, grabbing my wrist. I reluctantly walked, letting Sakura pretty much drag half of my weight.

The market wasn't much, I wasn't really expecting it to be. Tazuna said it himself, the Land of Wave is very poor right now. The produce is small and the children walk around asking for food, not being able to rely on those who are responsible for placing food on the table. Their laughter and eyes speak hope. Hope for there stomachs to be filled even if it was just a meager amount that could never fill up a kid in Konoha.

I laughed when Sakura punched some guy. "Heck yeah! You go Sakura! Show that perv what a girl really is!" Of course the guy wasn't trying to make some vulgar thought come to life. He was trying to pickpocket her, but even that deserves a good ole' punch. So, I just let Sakura think what she wanted for that reason. Besides, that boosted up my entertainment levels.