Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twelve

Lily's POV

I sat on the railing of the bridge we were supposed to meet Kakashi at. He was late, which wasn't anything new, but I didn't mind toomuch today. My thoughts were elsewhere. I was thinking about that guy, Gaara.

His blood lust was frightening, formidable even. Yet my curiosity almost overcame my fear. Held held pure hate in his eyes, even his siblings were terrified of him. I knew that there was more to it, no one holds hate for no reason, no one is born with it.

"Ugh!" Sakura yelled in frustration and anger. "I'm sick and tired of Kakashi-Sensei being late! What about how I feel?! I didn't even get to blow dry my hair!"

"Yeah!" Naruto agreed. "I didn't even get to brush my teeth or change my underwear!"

"Ewww, Naruto!" Sakura scooted away from him in disgust.

Intertwining my hands and placing them in front of my mouth, I hid a chuckle, shaking my head slightly. Those two never fail to amuse me. I used to hate when they would complain ever so loudly. But now I don't really mind, I was sort of grateful that I was with a bunch of entertaining and dysfunctional weirdos.

I've gotten close to them more than ever, even Uchiha who never fails to pick on my last nerves. Well... I guess that feeling is mutual since I'm not the most tolerable person. They were the ones who filled up the voids in my life.

Naruto. He wasn't only one of my greatest bestfriends, but he was also like this brother that I could always count on. We do everything together. Him and I have plans on taking this harsh ninja world on side by side. We can accomplish our dreams, knowing we have eachother.

Sasuke. I always thought we could never reach the point of being able to call eachother 'friends'. Our relationship was quick and simple. I wasn't smothering him, but I was annoying him. He found me more tolerable than his fangirls. And I found fun in pushing his buttons. But now I could also mark him as a great friend. Or a brother who annoyed the living day lights out of me. Yet, we keep one another on our toes.

Sakura. She and I are very different from eachother. But we managed to create a weird bond. One that was incredibly close to unbreakable. Sure we had different likes and dislikes, but in some crazy way we understanded eachother. We're close to bestfriends, sisters really.

"Sorry I'm late." Kakashi just so casually waltz over to us. "I got lost in the path of life."

Is it just me, or are his excuses just getting lamer and lamer everyday? Is lamer even a word?... "Liar!" Naruto and Sakura pointed accusing fingers at him.

"Anyways I've recommended you guys for the Chunin Exams." He said handing us papers. "He are your application forms."

"Application forms?" Sakura questioned raising a brow.

"You're repeating me, Sakura." Kakashi said. "This is all voluntary. You have to go on your own free will."

With that he poofed away. I put away the form inside my weapons pouch, and looked up only to see Sakura staring warily at the sheet of paper. I went up to her and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Hey... Don't worry about it." I said. She gave me a doubtful look before averting her gaze back to the form.

"How can I not.... I'm use-"