19

Katie's POV

We have been home with Thomas for a few weeks now and things are going pretty smoothly. Luke and I decided to start calling Thomas by a nickname. We shortened Boyer to Bo kinda like Leclaire shortened Luther to Luke when he was little. I just finished my shower and got dressed and walked into the living room to check on Bo and Luke. Haha! Every time I say that, I think of The Dukes of Hazzard. Anyway, when j walk into the living room, I see Luke asleep in his recliner with a sleeping Bo on his chest. I grab my phone and take a picture and then kiss both my boys heads and head to the kitchen to start breakfast.

After the boys woke up and we ate breakfast, we all loaded up in Luke's truck and started to drive to Mama Leclaire's house. We want to spend the weekend in Leesburg so Leclaire can watch Bo while Luke and I have some alone time. Bo is a little over six weeks old now and I think we are pretty happy about that, if you catch my drift. Luke has been driving for a couple hours now but I can't help but notice that he is being too quiet.

"You ok baby? You've been pretty quiet ever since we left the house." I finally ask him.

"Yeah baby I'm good. I'm just thinking about some stuff." He answers with a slight smile.

I decide not to push the subject and lift up the center console and cuddle into his side. Luke kisses my forehead and we finish our drive.

Luke's POV

When Katie asked me why I was being so quiet, I didn't really know what to say. I don't know how to tell her that Kerri wants me back on the road to promote my new album Crash My Party. I don't want to leave Katie alone with a new baby but I think it's too soon to have Bo on the road. I can't stress about it much longer because we are pulling into Mama's driveway.

After dinner, I went and sat on the front porch. Katie comes out and sits down next to me.

"Luke, what's bothering you? You've been quiet all day." She says grabbing my hand.

I take a deep breath before I answer her.

"Kerri wants me back on the road to start preparing for my new album. I have my reservations because I think it's too soon to take Bo on the road and I also don't wanna leave you alone with a new baby."

"Baby, Bo and I will be fine. I promise. You go out on the road and do what you need to do and Bo and I will come visit anytime you want." Katie says kissing my cheek.

"By the way, your mama is putting the baby to bed and she said she would watch him tonight so we could be alone."

I look up at her and smile and grab her hand as I start running for the front door with her giggling behind me.