5

Katie's POV

I'm at my house in Miami and packing the last of my things. I quit my job at the hospital and of course my boss got pissed. She said I was throwing my life away for some guy. I just turned around and walked out. Luke and Carter are about to be here with the moving truck. Nina is moving to Nashville as well to be closer to me and Carter. I give it 6 months before her and Carter move in together. She is here right now helping me finish my packing and loading up my car with some of the little things. I'm giving her all of my furniture for her new apartment and she gave hers to her brother. She always liked mine better. The guys get here with the moving truck and Nina and I run outside to greet them.

"Baby I've missed you!" I say as I jump in Luke's arms and wrap my legs around his waist.

"I've missed you too beautiful." He says kissing me and putting me on my feet. With that we started loading the truck.

We arrive in Nashville and drop off Carter and Nina before heading to Luke's house. His house is outside of Nashville in a place called Brentwood. This is my first time in Nashville and I already love it. Luke is driving the moving truck and I'm following behind him in my truck. After about 45 minutes, we finally pull into the driveway. I put my truck in park and hop out. Luke walks up to me and puts an arm around my shoulders.

"Welcome home baby." He says kissing my head.

I'm unpacking my things and putting it all away and thinking to myself what I'm going to do now. I could easily get a job at the hospital here. I'll talk to Luke and see what her thinks.

"How's it going honey?" He asks walking into the bedroom.

"Not bad. I'm just trying to unpack all my important things first." I say sitting on the bed looking at all the boxes.

"What do you think about me applying at the hospital?" I ask meeting his gaze.

"If that's what you wanna do baby then I'm ok with it. But if I have it my way you will be on the road with me."

Luke's POV

I knew when I told her I wanted her on the road with me, she was going to try to argue with me.

"Luke, I can't do that. I have to pull my own weight around here." Katie says with a serious tone.

"Katie, I'm not going to make you do anything you don't want to do. I make enough money, more money than I'll ever spend in my lifetime, so if you want to go to work then that's up to you. Just know that you will always have the option not to as long as you are with me." I tell her kissing her forehead and then walking out of the room.

I was in our laundry room starting another clothes, when Katie walks in and leans on the door frame.

"My man looks sexy doing laundry." She says with a laugh.

I turn around and wink and wiggle my eyebrows at her.

"So I've been thinking about what you said." She says wrapping her arms around my neck.

"And what have you decided my love?"

"I'm going to take a break from nursing for awhile and go out on the road with you and be by your side. I'm going to give it a try for a few months, but if I start going stir crazy, or I'm not happy, I'm going back to work." She tells me.

A huge smile spreads across my face and I lean in to kiss her.

"You just made me a very happy man and you have yourself a deal." I say giving her a pat on the ass and leading her out of the laundry room.