2

Katie's POV

It's been about a week since the concert and the last time I saw Luke. We've been texting back and forth almost everyday. I knew I missed him but I didn't realize how much until I saw him. I've been dying to see him again but I'm not telling him that. I'm going to let him make the first move when and if he wants to. I don't want to end up how we did last time. My heart can't take that again.

(Flashback)

I'm getting ready to go see Luke. He said that he needed to talk to me so I'm headed to his mama's house. I pull up in the driveway and get out of the car. Luke is sitting in the front porch with his head in his hands.

"Hey love. What's the matter?" I ask him walking up to him.

"Well nothing really. I got a record deal today, I just need to go to Nashville and sign the papers." Luke says with a smile.

"That's amazing baby! I'm so happy for you." I tell him excitedly and hug him.

"They want me to move to Nashville Katie. I'm leaving in 2 days." He says sadly and my smile quickly fades.

I get in my car and drive away. I quit answering his calls and texts. I knew that if I didn't shut him out it would just make it harder when he left.

(Present Time)

That day day we ended our relationship and I hadn't seen or spoken to him until last week. I just finished my workout and my phone goes off telling me I have a text. I check it and I smile when I see that it's Luke.

"Hey Katie Ann, I'm doing my show for spring break in PCB, you should come say hi."

"Yeah I think I can do that. I'll see if I can get someone to cover my shifts at the hospital 😘." I respond back.

Maybe I'll see if Nina wants to go. We could use a vacation. Luke and I text back and forth for awhile until he had to get ready for his show. I shot Nina a text asking her if she wanted to go to Panama City with me and she agreed and is really excited. Tomorrow morning we head out for day one of spring break in PCB.

Luke's POV

I can't believe Katie agreed to come. I honestly didn't think she would. Even after so many years of not seeing each other, that girl still has a way with me. The moment she said she was coming here I got the same feeling I had the night we met. I've been sitting on the bus with my best friend, and guitar player, Michael Carter. I told him that Nina was coming with Katie and now he wouldn't shut up.

"Is Nina single?" Carter asked.

"I think so but I'm not sure."

"Is she hot?"

"Carter you'll just have to wait and see." I say as I get up and grab a couple beers.

Carter and I start playing Xbox and wait for the girls.

About an hour and a half later I hear a car pull up and I hear Country Girl (Shake It For Me) blaring from the speakers. I look over at Carter and smile and then stand up to walk outside. I walk towards the car and Katie gets out running straight into my arms.

"I've missed you Luke." She says pulling out of the hug.

"Well I've missed you too Katie."

After we introduce Nina and Carter we all head into the bus to order takeout for dinner.