17

Luke's POV

I've been working on the nursery for a couple weeks and I have finally finished it. Katie is out getting her dress for the CMA's tomorrow night and I can't wait for her to get home so she can see the finished nursery. Katie has told me that she is nervous about walking the red carpet while she's pregnant. She is afraid of all the body shamers giving her a hard time. I honestly don't blame her though. I just finished putting the bedding in the crib and I hear Katie walk in the door. I walk down the stairs to kiss my wife.

"Did you get your dress baby?" I ask when I see her.

"Yes I did. You can't see it until tomorrow." She says sticking her tongue out.

I can't wait until I see her in that dress tomorrow night. She is going to be beautiful.

Katie's POV

"Baby, come upstairs. I want to show you the nursery." Luke says with a huge smile and grabbing my hand.

All I can do it laugh as he excitedly pulls me up the stairs. We get to the nursery and he tells me to close my eyes.

"Ok, open your eyes." Luke tells me as he helps me into the room.

I open my eyes and instantly they fill with tears.

"Luke! This looks amazing! I absolutely love it." I tell him giving him a hug and kiss.

"This makes everything even more real." I tell him.

As we are standing in the nursery, I feel the baby kick.

"Baby, give me your hand." I say grabbing Luke's hand and putting it where I felt the baby kick.

Luke holds his hand there for a minute and the baby kicks again. The smile that comes across his face makes me fall even more in love with him.

Tonight is the night of the CMA awards and I'm nervous. This is my first award show and I'm six months pregnant waking the red carpet in heels. I just finished getting my hair done and I'm about to start my make up. I have locked Luke out of the room because I wanted my dress to be a surprise. It's blue with a lightly ruffled bottom and a belt that sits right under my boobs. It shows off the bump really well too. I get my make up finished and start putting my dress on. Nina helped me with my hair and makeup and she did an amazing job.

"Can you zip my dress please?" I ask Nina as she's cleaning up her mess.

"You ready to go show Luke."

"Yeah, let's go." I say walking towards the bedroom door.

I walk down the stairs behind Nina and see Luke standing with his back to me. When I reach the bottom, he turns around and his eyes widen.

"Wow. You look beautiful." Luke says taking my hand.

Before long, the limo pulls up and we head out to walk the carpet.