Chapter 3

Edited

Julian Thomas

"Twins!" I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach.

Everyone was staring at Louis with a confused look. It's obvious that Louis has told his friends many crazy stories and theories, but this is probably the craziest thing he's ever told them.

"Louis, why the bloody hell would you think this. I mean did you seriously just come up with this on the top of your head because you were bored?" Harry just shoke his head at his friend, waiting for an explanation.

"No, I told you, I was totally serious. This isn't from the top of my head, I spent the entire hour thinking about it, and everything she told me just helps my theory." He looked at all of us, and for a moment I actually want to hear his explanation.

"Harry, remember when we found your ultrasound photo at your mom's house, and when we saw it, it showed two kids. Your mom told us that you were supposed to have a twin sister, but she lost the child after giving birth to it." Louis waited for Harry's response. Harry nodded, dropping his crossed arms to the side, waiting for him to continue.

"She looks like you, you're both born on the same day and are the same age, and she's adopted. For heaven's sake all the signs are right there. I bet you if she checked her birth certificate, both of your certificates, they'd be the same except for small details like name, time and gender."

"Louis, if it were true don't you think my parents would tell me I had a twin, one who wasn't dead?"

"That's the thing, your mom never said your twin was dead, she said that she lost her after giving birth to her. What if when she said she lost her she didn't mean she died, what if she meant that she had to give the baby up?"

"Look Louis, your facts somewhat support your theory, but that's all it is, a theory." I stayed silent the entire time during the conversation. The four guys may be used to his silly rants and theories but I wasn't.

And if I were to be honest I was thinking about it. His theory might have sounded crazy at first, but after listening to his reasoning, and all the facts he put all together, it doesn't sound as crazy.

I know that I'm adopted, I know that my parents gave me up, and in the back of my mind I knew I had a family somewhere out there. There were times when that would upset about it, but not as upset as I am know.

I know that we're not certain, but even thinking about the possibility that he might be true hurts. Because that would mean that they kept Harry, but gave me up. And at this moment, I don't know which one I want, for this to be true or not.

"Harry, just think about it, it's not that crazy. Don't just let this slide." Louis gave Harry a sad look. And I could tell Harry was starting to believe him.

"I can't do this, you're crazy," I say pointing to Louis, "Christina come on we're leaving. I can't take the craziness anymore."

Turning around I start to walk away, but Christina grabs my wrist and turns me back around. "Jules, just listen, you never know."

"I do know Christina, it's just a coincidence. All the facts, everything is just a coincidence. Just because I'm adopted doesn't mean that I'm some celebrities missing twin sister." I try to pry my hand out of her hand, but her grip is to tight.

"But you don't believe in coincidences, I know you, you believe in fate, and that everything happens for a reason. Maybe this did to, maybe this is a way for you to get to meet your biological family." She gives me a pleading look, but I just shake my head.