Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Zack's P.O.V.

A few minutes later, I was able to move and I peeked inside to see what was going on. Skye was bandaging up his hand and his shoulder while icing the black eye. Chase stopped her and pulled her onto his lap. He smiled and looked at her.

"Babe, I neeeeeeed you baaaack. Look at me, I'm a mess, and you got kidnapped. Bad thiiiiiings happen when we are apart," he slurred out.

"I can't. For one, you're not sober. For two, you would still be a secret. For three, I like someone else," she explained. Chase passed out and Skye called one of Chase's friends to pick him up. I helped her load him into the car and we walked home. I thought about what she said. 'I like someone else'. That kept playing in my mind. I probably wasn't supposed to hear that.

"Zack, I want ice cream," Skye stated. I laughed a little in my head but kept a straight face.

"That's nice," I said. She gave me a pouty lip look and I took a picture with my phone. We both laughed and she grabbed my hand leading me to the ice cream parlor on the corner. There was no line so she walked right up to the counter.

"I'll get a double scoop raspberry lemon with a waffle cone, and a single scoop cookies and cream with a chocolate dipped cone," she said smiling and set a ten dollar bill on the counter. The guy at the register was our age and he looked up at Skye blushing.

"Y-you're pretty. Shoot I didn't mean to say that out loud. Um okay coming right up," He said trying to hide behind his hair. Skye giggled bubbly and sat down with me. A few seconds later, a new person was at the counter and she brought our ice cream out.

"Thanks so much for coming here is a double scoop raspberry lemon and a single scoop cookies and cream with a chocolate dipped cone for the love birds," she said smiling widely. Just as I was about to correct her, I was cut off.

"Thank you very much. Have a nice day Misty," Skye said glancing at the girl's name tag. They both smiled and the girl walked away. Skye started eating her ice cream and when she looked back up at me, she had ice cream on her nose. I took a picture. She looked at the camera and held up a peace sign ice cream still on her nose. We both laughed. I started eating mine slowly.

"How did you know my order?" I asked suddenly realizing that she knew what to get for me.

"You and your little sister have been getting the same thing from the ice cream truck for years," she explained.

"You knew that we lived across the street from each other?" I asked.

"You didn't? My dad brought you guys cookies when you moved in. I was also the one who gave Sadie her first pokemon shirt," she said with a confused look on her face.

"Wow. My memory is terrible. I'm sorry," I said. She shook her head telling me that it was okay.

She kept eating her ice cream and finished before me which was crazy to watch.

"I'm sorry that I didn't make it to meet your family. I was a bit tied up. Literally," she said. I mentally face palmed and shook my head.

"Yeah cause it was totally your fault you were kidnapped by a gang leader," I thought.

"Well it might have been. I mean I don't know why they had me there but I imagine it was for using the club room with Chase without permission," she explained oblivious to the fact that it was my fault.

"No, you were there because of me," I started. She opened her mouth to speak but I cut her off this time.

"When my sister was born, I got a job, but that was only half of it. My dad was buried in debt so he made me join the club and then when I left, my dad kicked us out and my parents divorced. Melissa warned me that she would take you if I didn't come back. I was weak and couldn't go back. I didn't want that to be the image of me that my sister got even if it meant losing you," I explained waiting for her to slap me or something.

I had close my eyes waiting for impact because the slap wouldn't hurt me physically, but it would hurt my heart. It never came. Instead, I felt arms wrap around my neck from behind. I opened my eyes and Skye was hugging me.

"I would've done the same thing Zack," she whispered in my ear. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the parlor.

"Where are we going now?" I asked curious.

"To meet your wonderful family of course," she said as she started running. I chased after her and it turned into a race. She won.

A/N: I know that I don't update this nearly enough, but now that my other book is finished, I hope to do so more often. This chapter was short, but I didn't have much time, I was studying all day. Anywho, I hope that you guys enjoyed anyway. Don't forget to vote comment and share.