Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Zack's P.O.V.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She looked up at me.

"Chase's status changed from it's complicated, AKA me, to in a relationship with a new profile picture," Skye explained. She showed me her phone. There was a picture of Chase and a girl with red hair. They were kissing...on the lips. That must've stung for Skye.

"It's okay. I'm sure that he is just rebounding," I reassured her. Her eyes twinkled and she smiled again.

"Maybe I should make Chase jealous,"Skye said as if pondering something. We both continued to eat and she nodded her head agreeing with herself.

"Impossible. Even if you did find someway to do that, your image would still be on the line and then what was the point of breaking up in the first place?" I asked. She nodded.

"What if I introduced you to my dad as my friend and he gets to know you more, but then we reveal that we are dating and he won't freak out as much. Hm but what about at school? No, that won't do. How do we get Chase to be jealous without my image being tattered in the slightest?" she started talking to herself more than to me.

"You can't," I responded finishing my meal. Hers was already gone, so I took our dinner plates to the sink and sat back down.

"There has to be a way," she said thinking about it deeper.

"Well, I guess there could be one, but it's probably not a good idea," I said taking my statement back. I got up to get a drink of water, but she stood up too. She stopped me from going, grabbed my collar, and pushed me against the wall.

"Spill it," she demanded. I rolled my eyes and tried moving her hands off of me, but she held strong. I was shocked. She was looking me dead in the eye, and it was at that moment, that I realized how close she was. I felt the heat creep up onto my cheeks. She gave me a questioning look. Just as she started to try to talk, I cut her off because I didn't want to answer her upcoming question of 'why is your face red'

"Well, if you were to dress a little nicer, wear some make up, and try to be attractive, some other guys will fall for you and that will make Chase jealous without you actually tattering your image," I explained. She dropped my collar and put her hands on her hips.

"Are you telling me that I'm not attractive?" She questioned. I should've seen that coming. I tell her, sees angry, I don't tell her, she's angry. I sighed.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the boys in our school don't really see you as it is now," I explained. She nodded.

"I see. Come with me," she demanded. I obliged. I followed her upstairs and into her room.

"What are we doing?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled.

"I'm going to try on some of my old clothes and see what you think," she told me calmly. I nodded slightly. There was no way that she could do this without me.

She turned around and to the closet doors. As she opened both doors, lights started coming on and there were racks of clothes in a walk in closet. My jaw dropped.

"See you in a second," she said smiling. She walked into the closet and I heard some rustling. I sat on her bed and flopped back. I swore this chick was rich. I laid there for a moment, until I heard the door open. I sat up and looked at Skye. She was in the same clothes as before, but she did have clothes in her hand.

"I'll be right there, I just have to change," she said.

I flopped back on the bed and sat there. I was sooo bored. After another moment, I sat up, and looked around. I saw Skye's laptop on the desk. I walked over to it and sat down. I decided that I was going to listen to some music. I looked through her playlist, and she had really good taste in music to be honest. I started playing the first song, then the second, and then the third.