Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Zack's P.O.V.

When she finally came back, all of her makeup was off, and she was wearing a red plaid shirt and some torn black skinny jeans. She looked exactly how she did in the photo I was just looking at.

"Stop gawking Dyssodia, I'm not wearing any fancy dresses now, so the fashion show is over. Anywho, let's look at the pictures," she declared like it was an order of battle. She came and sat on the bed next to me so that she could see my phone too. We scrolled through all the photos, and then put them into a collage so we could see them all at the same time.

"Which one do you like best?" she asked while still looking down at my phone.

"How about we say it outloud on three?" I offered. She nodded and then looked at me.

"One, Two, Three, Go!" she exclaimed.

"Floral," we both said at the same time. I thought that she looked best in the casual one which happened to be the one that picked too. Floral for the win. We both started laughing.

"That's the one I'll wear on the first day back then," she stated. I nodded and smiled at her. She smiled back and leaned on my shoulder.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"It's ten thirty," I said looking over at her clock.

"Since the rain storm stopped and my dad will be home soon, I think you should get home before your family gets worried," she said. I nodded and stood up.

"Um, can I have your phone number? I forgot to get it before," I asked. She grabbed a black dry erase marker and my arm. She pulled the cap off and wrote her phone number on my arm.

"There. We are all set Dyssodia,"she declared. I laughed and said goodbye before walking out and to my house. When I got there, my mom was in the living room on the phone. She didn't seem to hear me come in because she was still talking.

"No, you have to fix this. There is no way that you could turn your back on your own son," my mom said angrily pacing. I heard mumbling come from the other side of the phone, and it had to be my dad.

"Okay. I'll be over in forty minutes," she said. She grabbed her purse and turned around locking eyes with me. Her eyes widened and she started waving her hands frantically.

"It's not what it looks like I swear," she said. I shook my head. He was doing it again. He was making my mom do something for him so she could get something that she asked for. I felt my eyes darken and fists ball up.

"What does he want you to do this time?" I asked through gritted teeth. She sighed and put on her heels.

"He asked me to pretend to be his sister so that his date would feel more comfortable bringing her daughter," she explained calmly. I shook my head again.

"Where?" I asked grabbing my mom's car keys. She bit her lip obviously trying to hold back. I gave her the stare that she couldn't reject.

"His new apartment," she said giving up. I nodded my head and turned towards the door.

"You stay here with Sadie. This is my problem now," I told her strictly and she took off her shoes and purse.

I left the house and got into my mom's car. I turned on the headlights, put the car in reverse, and slammed the gas. I drove down the street and past the [ark and onto the main straat. My dad only lived half an hour away and yet never came over to see Sadie. I turned on the radio and listened to some music.

"Beep Boop Beep" my phone notification went off. I ignored it and kept driving. It went off again and again and again. I sighed and pulled over. My phone lit up and I clicked the messages. They were all from Skye.