Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Zack's P.O.V.

As I was sitting there, the fire alarm started to sound. I stood up and expected it to be a drill, but then I saw smoke coming from the cafeteria. I walked out of the building and into my assigned spot where we practiced. Along with me came Skye and the rest of the science class. All the other classes lined up around us and the fire department was called.

The firemen showed up and we were all told to go home and that our parent or guardian would be contacted if winter break needed to be extended.

After that whole ordeal, I started walking home. I did look around for Skye, but she wasn't in my line of vision as far as I could tell. After a few minutes I heard her behind me. She was on the phone with her dad.

"Sorry dad, I have a final exam coming up in math soon. I need to stay in and study tonight. Can we do it tomorrow?" she asked. Her phone was on speaker so I heard her dad talk too.

"No sweetheart, I'm sorry. I have a business meeting tomorrow," he explained sadly.

"You always have a business meeting," she complained.

"I know. That's why tonight is special," he said.

"Alright, well, we'll figure it out when you get home daddy," she said sweetly.

"Ok sweetie. Love you," he said.

"You too," Skye responded. Then she hung up.

I knew it was wrong to eavesdrop, but how could I not have heard her?

By the time I got home it was 1:35 and my sister would be home soon. I jumped in the shower to wash the gym smell off of me and then started on my math homework after getting dressed. It took me 45 minutes to finish twelve problems, but that's alright. I pulled out my laptop and I typed the problems into Google to check my answers. They were all right. I did practice problems until 2:30 when it was time to go get my little sister Sadie.

I left the house at 2:35 even though she didn't get off school till 3:00 because it took me 20 minutes to get there even though I took a shortcut. Once I got there, I sat on the bench outside the school for a few minutes.

"Baba!!" sadie exclaimed. I caught her as she jumped up into my arms.

"Hey kiddo! How was school?" I asked.

"Great! I made a new friend. His name is Cole, He is super into pokemon just like me!!" she answered.

"That's great!" I said. I tried to make it sound as supportive as possible, but it came out sounding more worried than I hoped. She was too young for boys, friend or otherwise.

We walked home as she told me more about Cole. We had to stop half way there because she needed to go to the bathroom. We stopped at a gas station and she went inside. I waited for her as I looked at chips and drinks. I bought two Powerades and a bag of Cheetos.

When she came out, she said she needed a lollipop and a toy too. As adorable as my five year old sister was, she was also so annoying it wasn't funny. However, that doesn't mean I didn't buy her what she wanted anyway. Yeah, I spoiled her.

After we left the gas station, we took the long way home because the shortcut through the bushes that I usually took was blocked by a parked car in the street. Jerk, I hate walking.

"So how was your day Baba?" she asked.

"Good. I made a new friend too. Her name is Skye Hart," I answered.

"Oh, that's such a cool name!! I want my name to be Skye!" she exclaimed.

"You can take that up with mom," I said laughing.

"No way! Mom's scary Baba!" she said.

I laughed and we turned the corner to get to the house. Once we got to the front door, I got the keys and opened the door. Sadie ran inside and took off her backpack and shoes.

"Baba! I forgot to tell you! I made macaroni art today! I'll show you when I finish my homework," Sadie exclaimed.

She went in her room to do her homework and I went in my room to relax. I looked at the clock. It was five thirty. Woah! How much time did it really take to come home?! I went into Sadie's room to check on her.

"Hey Sadie. Do you want dinner now or later?" I asked.

"Now please. I'm really hungry," she replied. She pulled out macaroni art and gave it to me. It was of me and her at the beach. I hugged her.

"Ok. I'll come tell you when it's ready, and this is great," I said.

I walked out of her room and into the kitchen. I grabbed a magnet and stuck the art to the fridge. After that, I opened the fridge and pulled out hot dogs which were her favorite. I went and got the indoor grill and grilled the hot dogs as well as peeled an orange along with a banana to put on her plate. Dinner was ready in 20 minutes.

I put everything on plates and called her for dinner. We sat down, said prayer, and then started to eat.

"Baba, what's Skye like?" she asked.

"Well, she has blue eyes that captivate you in an instant, her hair is brown and curly, and she has tan skin. She wears glasses, and is a total goody goody but I've only known her for today so I don't know much else about her," I replied.

"I'm a good girl too!! That's why I got a sticker on my test today! But what's captivate?" she asked. I laughed.

"Nothing. It doesn't matter. Let's just say that her eyes are pretty for now," I told her. She nodded and took another bite of food.

When dinner was over, I told Sadie to get in the shower and brush her teeth. She did, while I waited for her, and once she was done, I walked her to her room and tucked her in. I read her three CareBear stories and then she fell asleep.

I walked back to my room and sat in my desk chair. I looked at the clock and it read 9:00. I picked up the book for Spanish class and began reading. I was having trouble understanding the book and was getting more tired. I looked up and saw that Skye and her dad were having dinner. That made me smile. I yawned and tried to read some more. Before I knew it, my head was down and I was fast asleep.

I woke up a few hours later. I couldn't stand the morning breath feel, so I went to brush my teeth again. When I came back, I noticed that it was really only 10:59. There was no way I was getting back to sleep now, so I went back to the desk and picked up the book again.

I looked up at a creak sound that I heard from outside. When I looked out the window, I saw a rope ladder be thrown down from Skye's house. I didn't think Skye had any siblings let alone rebellious ones. I looked closer only to see that she didn't. It was Skye climbing the rope ladder. She was wearing a black hoodie and black jeans. She started walking down the street trying not to attract attention.

I had to know what she was doing. It could've answered all of the questions that I had, or it could've raised a million more. Either way, I was going to follow her to wherever it was that she happened to be going at 11:00 at night.

I saw that mom was pulling into the driveway, so I dashed down and put on my shoes. I told her that I had to go out for a school project and that she shouldn't wait up. I ran out the door and followed Skye. I knew it would be creepy to get too close, so I stayed far enough behind and changed directions every once and awhile. Where in the world was she going? Also, why did I ever need to know? I had never even met this girl before, even though she was so close, and now I was following her to god knows where. What did I get myself into?

A/N: Hey guys!!! If you guys enjoyed, vote and comment. If you didn't enjoy, comment and tell me why. If you found some mistakes, comment and tell me. I have no problem with critical comments, seeing as it helps me improve in the future. Anywho, did you guys like this chapter? Too short or too long? I'm trying to do some writing right now because I have some stuff going on this summer. My birthday was on the 14th and my moms birthday is in August, and then school starts up in September.(Blah) Bye!!!